Headlights

Nathanspindle

Reaction score
Im looking to take my headlights apart and paint them and a projector and all that. Im just wondering has anyone on here done it before and can give me a couple tips and a basic write up about taking them apart and resealing them

Nathanspindle

Reaction score
Im sorry i dont feel like reading giant threads of do it yourselfers or people trying to sell their retrofits

HOOV3R

Reaction score
So you want a write up, but don't feel like reading a DIY thread? Makes a lot of sense...

zporta

Reaction score
Someone did a write up within the last 3 months. GL making friends here

Nathanspindle

Reaction score
I said basic write up. What temp to set the oven, how long to leave them in for, what to use to reseal them. I dont get why people cant just answer a question for me instead they have to give **** and tell me to use the search button and read threads 10 pages long and sift threw for what i need to know. Itd be easier for someone that knows to just answer me quick nd simple

jordan572

Reaction score
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50654

You better have patients, and then more patients. Expect to at least put in 40-50 hours into these things. This isn't really something you just do, it takes a ton of research and effort to pull them off. All I can say is good luck, I could write and explain for hours and you still would just need to do for yourself.

zporta

Reaction score
Because if you aren't willing to put in any effort neither is anyone else.

jordan572

Reaction score
I said basic write up. What temp to set the oven, how long to leave them in for, what to use to reseal them. I dont get why people cant just answer a question for me instead they have to give **** and tell me to use the search button and read threads 10 pages long and sift threw for what i need to know. Itd be easier for someone that knows to just answer me quick nd simple

I'll help you out but this is all your gonna probably get, this place is what it is because many on here have learned to solve their own problems based on already posted material.

235 is what I found best, 275 will warp the lens.
5 minute intervals rotating heat cycles on the lamps.
Usually get 2-3 minutes of prying before they need more heat.
Most use butyl tape to seal them, strap them together and cook them again to truly seal them

I'm not calling you stupid or anything but there is so many little details that will make or break your retro. Just wait, 2 hours straight of prying over a 235 degree headlamp will test you. You want to just rip the lens right out but you'll break it. It took me 2.5 hours to separate and clean a set of headlamps, it sucks.

Last edited:

Nathanspindle

Reaction score
Thank you Jordan exactly what i was looking for. I just find it easier for someone to ask a question and someone answer just like school when you asked your teacher a question they gave you an answer they didnt tell you go look it up in a text book

PDT1081

Reaction score
Thank you Jordan exactly what i was looking for. I just find it easier for someone to ask a question and someone answer just like school when you asked your teacher a question they gave you an answer they didnt tell you go look it up in a text book

You didn't have very good teachers then.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
You didn't have very good teachers then.

Lol exactly what I was thinking...

But really, I did my headlights on my own and it is no easy task.. be prepared to sacrifice a full set of lights on your first attempt because more than likely you will need to do the process twice before you are satisfied with the result.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TURTLE

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a schematic for 08 lights? I bought a used set and am trying to figure out how to hook them up.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
I don't know what your budget is but you may be able to save yourself a headache and still end up with exactly what you want, by sending them in to us from the get go

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35202

DIY stuff is fun for sure but headlight are tricky, trust me lol

X2. If you're looking for someone to do them for you I highly recommend sending them to Steve and JD. they can pretty much do any combination on a headlight it seems and they look KILLER when they're done. As soon as I have time to let the 15 sit for a while I'll send mine off they will be doing mine. I did my own on my 6.4 and it's a tedious job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

c.jank

Reaction score
I just ordered everything i needed to do my own retrofit. Shrouds, projectors, adapters for my current ballasts, bulbs, etc. just need to get paint next and im good to go. i can let you know how it goes when alls said and done in a week or two

FordPSD64

Reaction score
I just ordered everything i needed to do my own retrofit. Shrouds, projectors, adapters for my current ballasts, bulbs, etc. just need to get paint next and im good to go. i can let you know how it goes when alls said and done in a week or two

About time!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.