Hellwig sway bars

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I'm gonna do them one at a time and drive the **** out of the truck, i think the front sway will take most of the body roll out of it. The rear will probably help more when u lose traction and it kicks out sideways, and then catches again. I noticed that going from stock tires to nitto 420's i lost a lot of tire roll. Truck feels a lot more stable when cornering. Stiffer sidewall and less sidewall is the main reason and tires hook a lot better, they are also wider as well so that helps too.

More sidewall will usually help you hook better. The air pressure and tire of choice (420s being a softer compound) is probably why your noticing the increase on traction.

onebadf150

Reaction score
JD or anyone running a hellwig rear sway bar do you have the big wig rear part# 7268 1 5/16"? Is anyone running the 1 1/4" part number 7693?

08RED4x4

Reaction score
My truck didnt have the factory bar so I installed the rear helwig and it does make a big difference in handling. As said earlier the drivers side mount can be a pain bc of the fuel tank but it is doable.

RSK

Reaction score
Mine are the big wigs.

I'm running the 7693 (rear) and 7690 (front).

did you guys get the adjustable one for the rear? I'm not seeing the big wigs for 08-10 trucks but they seem to be the same size

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/hellwig-7677-rear-sway-bar-99-2010-ford-f250

ordered just the front for now, so I can see how just adding that one performs, then i'll do the rear and see how level it it. maybe whip some donuts or try so drifting! go pro is charged up too! not sure where to mount it.

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
since the sway bars help prevent body roll and tighten up the suspension would the front sway bar help keep the front end planted in a 4wd launch at the track. or is it still gonna twist a little when I launch. or is my truck too slow and weak to make a difference or these trucks too heavy for any real lifting of the front end especially if its dropped 2".

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.