Help please, 95 powerstroke idling issues

Smlarson

Reaction score
1995 F-350 Superduty, Dually, Crewcab, Automatic tranny, 2wd

So when I start the truck up the motor will run perfectly normal at around 600 rpms. Then after about 5 seconds of normal operation, the rpms will increase and the motor will have a really lopy idle 700-900 rpms. However, as soon as you put the truck in gear, the motor runs normal again. And if you rev the motor at idle, it will run normal. So this only happens in park and neutral. The lope doesn't ever go away in park or neutral, I can alwas count on it occurring right after start up all the way till I shut it down. This happens on both cold and warm starts. My first thought was a bad injector, but that wouldn't make much sense to me seeing as how it only does this idling in park and neutral. The check engine light is on and i'm taking it to a shop to get the code pulled, since iv never worked with OBD-1. But as of right now I'm not sure what the code may be. Any ideas on the lopy idle?

Smlarson

Reaction score
Trans range sensor I believe could be your issue. Ive read about them causing the same thing on obs trucks before.

any idea where to get this part, a quick research online looks like it can be a little hard to find. would my local auto parts store have this or is this a dealer specific part?

ghohouston

Reaction score
I would wait for someone else to verify it though. Im pretty positive that can cause the same issue on obs' s, but let someone else with more obs experience comment. Or it could be something else like a bad icp sensor, bad injectors, etc...

Smlarson

Reaction score
ok sounds good il take it to the shop tomorrow, thanks for the input, i'm crossin my fingers it aint an injector/injectors

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.