Help with internals for a 800 HP build

Reaction score
He doesn't post online much neither do a few others that are making some big power with 7.3s around NC

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reaction score
My build will be coming back together soon, hoping for well over 800 on fuel!

Carrillo rods
Girdle
Partial fill
coated pistons delipped and valve reliefs
extensively ported heads
headers
cam
FF 4??/400s
Custom charger
gen 3
all kinds of supporting mods

diehardstroker

Reaction score
So it's possible to do 800 on fuel only with 400/400s? Or is a larger cc injector needed and where would be the best place to get this bigger injector?

Reaction score
So it's possible to do 800 on fuel only with 400/400s? Or is a larger cc injector needed and where would be the best place to get this bigger injector?

Yes 400/400s will supply the fuel for 800 hp. Overall volume isn't as important as it is being fast enough to inject the needed volume in time. Fuel isn't near as much an issue as air need to get that air in the cylinders!!

powerlifter405

Reaction score
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46934

800, noobs.... search function man....

300/200's move enough fuel to make beyond 700. The biggest issue is getting enough air. A GTX4294 cannot fully clean a 300/200 if the injector is moving a high volume of fuel. It will need spray. The tuning can be made to run clean but the injector is capable of exceeding the air capacity of the GTX4294. I use "exceeding" loosely but I do have the email indicating spray was used to clean things up.

Why not do trips. It can and has been done.

For singles and compounds here are the garrett race versions http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/racingturbos
If you need 180lbs air/minute http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/turbocharger#GT6041

Last edited:
Reaction score
No gtx4294 will not clean up the fuel with a 300/200 when you have to run long pulse widths the inject the full 300cc of fuel. When we are running 3.5+ ms of PW it makes them hot and smokey. With a bigger nozzle and proper internal mods to make then faster they can move that 300cc much much faster and make for a much cooler setup at a given HP compared to the 200% nozzles. Then again stock heads and stock cam suck so that needs to be addressed as well. These heads can be made to flow pretty dang good not quite what some heavily ported 12v heads may flow but significantly better than stock. At the same time increasing the velocity of air through the ports which is all gains in the air department

NRHX2009

Reaction score
why the housing swap?

5.5" inlet on the "race covers" suck to adapt your atmospheric charge pipe to, and you always want a v band discharge on the HP charger so your not blowing boots off all day long.

Not saying it cant be done with the 066 race cover, but the 063 standard v band cover would be much easier and more practical for the application.

Jason

Reaction score
When y'all say Hefner's truck..you're talking same one from dpc '13 right? Rclb 99 truck? That thing could have done decently well, if he was able to keep it together the whole deal. I liked that truck too, somethin bout it was just cool.

isootmypants

Reaction score
When y'all say Hefner's truck..you're talking same one from dpc '13 right? Rclb 99 truck? That thing could have done decently well, if he was able to keep it together the whole deal. I liked that truck too, somethin bout it was just cool.

Yea the black and silver 2 tone

Latest posts

Members online