High and wide or low and wide

ryanss22

Reaction score
I love my obs with a 4" lift and 35's... sooo easy to work under it!! I'm not a big guy 5'5" and can sit right up and do most everything under my truck..... getting in or out is not a big deal, add a step if ya want

average

Reaction score
6.5" lift on 35"s currently, once I'm on 37"s I'll be happy. Part of me still liked leveled on 35"s though - so I think both look good.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about getting in/out of the truck, I'm 6' 3". Just looking for other's experiences/input. I plan on doing some weekend racing at the track as well. Decisions, decisions......

white07psd

Reaction score
High and wide!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364299150118.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364299150118.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 163

INFRNL

Reaction score
my vote goes to middle ground. 3-4" and 35's. 33's are barely bigger than stock (32") 34's would be ideal in my book but not a popular size

fordman2121

Reaction score
If u can't decide just lower the front and raise the rear!

I've got 2 lifted and one lowered. Love them all. Wife drives the lifed ex I drive the lowered 08 and I've got an old obs lifted that's my first truck that's going to ebe restored.

Jacob 76

Reaction score
High and wide for sure. The argument that lower is easier to work on is bs. I can pull the tranny in my pickup and not jack it up at all. I'm 6'5" so getting in even with a 10" lift isn't bad but like said before, you can put steps on. Erik proved that a lifted truck can do everything just as good (in his case better) as lowered trucks. If you want attention lifted trucks definitely get more because they're up above everything else. You can do more camping and fourwheelin with a lift. And to top everything off, trucks are supposed to be big! If you want to be low buy a car... Here's mine if it helps the argument.

1360029495_zps136c0bb8.png

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
it's harder to work OUT of a lifted truck... it's hard enough to get in my toolbox now... if it was higher, I'd have I climb in the bed every time.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Koda22

Reaction score
I like the leveled look with a mice set of tires/rims makes it look like you care, but i also love them lifted a lot....6-8 with a nice set of 37s mmmm...but I work out of my truck so it's leveled for me...

JD3020

Reaction score
it's harder to work OUT of a lifted truck... it's hard enough to get in my toolbox now... if it was higher, I'd have I climb in the bed every time.

This. If you actually use your truck as a truck, then going higher is stupid, unless you have to have that added ground clearance.

I've had multiple friends/people that i talk to tell me how badass my OBS would look with a lift. I politely remind them that its a truck that works, so if anything it will go lower.

But if thats not important to you, then go with whatever you think looks best.

03 tx pwr stroke

Reaction score
This. If you actually use your truck as a truck, then going higher is stupid, unless you have to have that added ground clearance.

I bought this truck with the intent on it being my toy. It gets used as a truck occasionally, but not everyday, or even every week.

I've had multiple friends/people that i talk to tell me how badass my OBS would look with a lift. I politely remind them that its a truck that works, so if anything it will go lower.

But if thats not important to you, then go with whatever you think looks best.

That's the thing, I thought I wanted to do a lifted truck, but as I said, I have come to really like the leveled/small lift as well. Just can't make up my mind.

B.Warning

Reaction score
I'm running a 4.5"lift on mine and it still gets worked. I'm not tall by any means either, a dead even 6ft. I've never once told myself I wish it wasn't this high, or complained about getting into the tool box. All my trucks have been this same height, and they all get put threw the paces. Just because a truck is lifted doesn't mean it's not fully capable of being worked. It's all in what the owner wants.

lifted350

Reaction score
You can still race it with a lift and tires. I use to take mine a lot last summer, and now that I have a built engine I plan on going more often. I do everything that my friends do with there lowered truck's with my lifted one. And for me when it snow's around here and they are havin a hard time moving with there street tires and I am going along nicely in mine, makes it allll worth it lol.

jdc753

Reaction score

90% of the time I climb into the bed for stuff in any truck, but I can still get stuff out of the tool box. I have had my eye on the 6 step nfabs for a while just for the tool box access

Plus it is hard to see my truck as "Big and lifted" when I back into the driveway and it is lower than my dad's stock 06 extended cab long bed...

2013-03-02_12-54-09_820_zps55c3f234.jpg

4" of 35's works no different than stock in my opinion, my tailgate is dead level with my dad's BONE STOCK 00' F350 regular cab work truck on 235's, and actually lower than his 06 F350 extended cab. I can still reach over the bed rail and get stuff close to the sides, and climbing into the bed isn't all that hard to get the bigger stuff, certainly no harder than a stock or lowered truck.

If anything I want to go higher

Latest posts

Members online