High powers vs. tow powers for mild injector size

MINK

Reaction score
It can be done can on if you must do it. Buying a prewelded kit from elite is much simpler.

This will always be the case and I agree.

Just throwing it out there as its something I have had in my mind for acouple months, I have no plans on doing anymore mods atleast untill the winter but when the time comes it may be something I go ahead with.

jdgleason

Reaction score
High Powers = 76/62
Raw Powers = 88/59

I may not be 100% correct on that, but I know I'm close.
Exactly Right buddy.
That part I know...but Raw Powers are listed for 5500 n High powers are listed for 7500, I want to believe there are some other differences.

High powers come with a modified rocker box, heavily modified vgt turbo, all new crossover pipe and clamps and boots, might be some other stuff too. The expense to modify the vgt turbo is where the added cost comes in. Hope that helps.
:whs: Since we are going to a different housing on the vgt (versus machined stocker) there is a big cost there as well. We have to machine the pedestal, build the drain for the low pressure, build new stainless piping, and we add a couple other pieces as well.
I know once you dump the factory hp you have to start all over with the piping. Between stages and then to the innercooler. Which includes the u pipe that the fuel cooler mounts on. Another thing to deal with. The fuel bowl has to go to make the new piping fit. There is quite a bit and may be more. Idk.
Yes sir!
or buy the vgt/t4 mount form Elite and run a s475 or s480 with the factory vgt...would take some fab work with the piping but you would come out far cheaper in the end.

This was kind of the idea we had with Raw Powers. Basically just using a little bit cheaper atmosphere than our other kits use. Our other kits are designed to be super fun, and super responsive. Being billet and ball bearing, the turbos obviously cost way more, but you can't beat them for being unbelievably fun on the street :D

jdgleason

Reaction score
So, with the Raw Powers, what Injector size is recommended? 60, 85, 110.....

I would make nozzle selection based on what you were planning on using the truck for. If it were me, I would probably want 110's. 150's, and even 200's I wouldn't leave out of the equation, but altitude and goals would dictate that :D

MINK

Reaction score
ouch.... I have the 71 for the 450. Was looking for maybe a bit more, but closer to stock fuel or 60s and your HPFP kit. That is waaaaay too much for me. LOL

My thinking aswell, stock fuel with the factory vgt/s475 would be a clean and fun sob.

jdgleason

Reaction score
ouch.... I have the 71 for the 450. Was looking for maybe a bit more, but closer to stock fuel or 60s and your HPFP kit. That is waaaaay too much for me. LOL

You should try just the 71 first! Who knows, maybe that alone will satisfy your need for speed Corb :naughty: If you need more, then throw some 60's at it!

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
My thinking aswell, stock fuel with the factory vgt/s475 would be a clean and fun sob.

Yeah, but I dont run the real big tunes in the 450. That is a tow pig, and can move out pretty smartly as well! LOL I DD the 275, and have little to no smoke, and plenty of go power. The 475 with a .90 or 1.0 housing would likely be what I am looking for. and stock fuel on a lower tune would likely get me where I wanted to be. AND run a bit cooler...

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
You should try just the 71 first! Who knows, maybe that alone will satisfy your need for speed Corb :naughty: If you need more, then throw some 60's at it!

Yeah, it might just make me smile enough! LOL for a while, at least.... LOL gotta get the 250 done first. Only one or two projects at a time....

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Haha well I'm excited to see both your projects finished up buddy.

I just want the 250 rolling strong... and then I will be diving into the 450. simple, 71 mm, GV Overdrive, RCD TC, some studs, springs, and a plate to take the place of the EGR.... and a new HPFP..... is your guy's kit ready yet?

Gonna be out your way again in Oct, on 2 wheels...... Ill def stop in.

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
JD I havent seen pics of the RAW POWERS yet.....will that 88mm match up to a stock VGT and do you sale it?

Gonna do 60's or 110's....a turbo....and a HPFP.....NEXT!!!

B585Ford

Reaction score
6.4s respond really really well to airflow upgrades. My truck picked up some good power with the tow power atmosphere. As for going to the bigger tow x/high power atmosphere, there would be even bigger gains with a small nozzle. More turbo seems to make quite a bit more power than more nozzle (without nitrous of course). I know of a certain truck with high powers and 60s that made big numbers :D

JD,
Do you know of anyone running the Tow X atmo (only) with stock sticks? Since it is a BB turbo (but larger than the 71 Atmo) would you expect higer EBP??? Would you expect better or worse spool up with all of the normal airflow upgrades (minus ported valves)?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The Bp would be higher for sure. Spool up may actually be better than stock.

jdgleason

Reaction score
JD I havent seen pics of the RAW POWERS yet.....will that 88mm match up to a stock VGT and do you sale it?

Gonna do 60's or 110's....a turbo....and a HPFP.....NEXT!!!
It would match up to a stock vgt, as the 59 vgt from the kit uses the stock housing and stuff. Basically we would just sell the kit without a vgt. Or, you could buy the casting and the 88 and build it yourself if you wanted. They are for sale, but we don't have any pictures of it yet.
JD,
Do you know of anyone running the Tow X atmo (only) with stock sticks? Since it is a BB turbo (but larger than the 71 Atmo) would you expect higer EBP??? Would you expect better or worse spool up with all of the normal airflow upgrades (minus ported valves)?

I don't Know of anyone running the atmo by itself yet, no. I would also expect to see some higher bp numbers as well. Honestly I would expect very similar to stock spool up out of that setup. With the ball bearing 76, spool up is unbelievably quick.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Whats the BB 76 and casting cost. I think i want to upgrade to this very soon. Labor day sand dunes is gonna be some good competition

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.