High powers vs. tow powers for mild injector size

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Ryan just go ahead and get the Tow X's with the billet wheel in the VGT so we can have the same set up again

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Thanks guys

Haha. I might. At a 5200 price tag i might hold off for winter. Think a new snowmobile is comin first.
Ryan just go ahead and get the Tow X's with the billet wheel in the VGT so we can have the same set up again

B585Ford

Reaction score
The Bp would be higher for sure. Spool up may actually be better than stock.

If someone could explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it. Obviously my way of thinking is wrong, but I thought that if you have larger resistance from the turbo (either by spinning a bigger wheel or less efficient wheel) your EBP would rise all things being equal. I assume the reason for a stock or better spool on the Tow X is that even though it is a bigger wheel, the BB makes it more efficient and that cancels out the greater resistance of spinning the larger wheel, but you and JD both say the EBP will rise even though the spool is the same or better. What about this turbo would cause the rise in EBP? My best guess is that more air will be coming into the engine and that air has to go somewhere (eventually more air goes to the up pipes)?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
If someone could explain this to me, I would greatly appreciate it. Obviously my way of thinking is wrong, but I thought that if you have larger resistance from the turbo (either by spinning a bigger wheel or less efficient wheel) your EBP would rise all things being equal. I assume the reason for a stock or better spool on the Tow X is that even though it is a bigger wheel, the BB makes it more efficient and that cancels out the greater resistance of spinning the larger wheel, but you and JD both say the EBP will rise even though the spool is the same or better. What about this turbo would cause the rise in EBP? My best guess is that more air will be coming into the engine and that air has to go somewhere (eventually more air goes to the up pipes)?

The larger wheels will cause some resistance and backpressure but housing size determines alot on EBP and Spool up

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i will say that with high powers, 110's and dual pumps my truck is virtually smoke free and incredibly easy to drive on the street. this is in the 310 tune.

B585Ford

Reaction score
The larger wheels will cause some resistance and backpressure but housing size determines alot on EBP and Spool up

Ok, thanks for the info. So why specifically does this turbo which spools quicker cause an increase in EBP?

3brorce

Reaction score
Thanks guys

Haha. I might. At a 5200 price tag i might hold off for winter. Think a new snowmobile is comin first.

Sick what kind of sled? Gonna have to shell out about twice as much for a sled than the turbo price tag

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Thinkin of a new xp 800. Might go with an xr 1200 but i ditch bang a lot. Buddy owns a cat dealer so ill see what comes in turbo wise but im not a big fan of them. Worked on to many last year. Well see what changes this year. Ya the sleds expensive but the trucks at a god point right now. Its got 60 hp nozzles coming for it so it should be a good platform until winter

3brorce

Reaction score
I would get the xp 800. I seen a couple brand new turbo cats burn up. Actually like start on fire and nothing left. My brother has an 11 pro r switchback 800. Pretty sweet but not as fast as thought it would be

blk350on20s

Reaction score
I think thats what im goin to do. Ran an 08 for a while and loved it. Buddy just got a leftover rush. Things pretty dope. Having a hard time pulling the trigger due to the previous winter but need a new sled so....

Latest posts

Members online