Home made intake

harrisford

Reaction score
Everyone always says that about the 500hp mark. Maybe a little more air is all your engine needs to push it over 500...

Derkperk

Reaction score
Is like to know who came up with that number. If I had 1 Hp for everytime I heard that I'd for sure be over 500 Horse.

JMart

Reaction score
oem is good enough till 500hp ish. so why change it?

The few times I have had to pull and reinstall my factory kit, is enough reason to replace it. That giant filter housing in the middle of it is a pain. I chunked part of it across the garage the first time I had to reinstall it.

weazel

Reaction score
The few times I have had to pull and reinstall my factory kit, is enough reason to replace it. That giant filter housing in the middle of it is a pain. I chunked part of it across the garage the first time I had to reinstall it.

It is such a PITA to pull that thing, the second time I removed mine was to through it in the trash, now I get people bringing me 6.0's that still have them there is no escaping them

Sent from in a ditch up side down and on fire with the wheels still spinning

webb06

Reaction score
If you leave the filter completely assembled its a breeze to install and remove. All you have to do is unhook the coolant hose coming from the degas bottle to the radiator, unhook at the degas bottle. Pull out the filter minder, unhook maf connector and loosen the hose clamp right after the hard plastic casing. Give it a little wiggle and it will pop right out.

I remove usually atleast 3 a week and I NEVER disassemble it

weazel

Reaction score
If you leave the filter completely assembled its a breeze to install and remove. All you have to do is unhook the coolant hose coming from the degas bottle to the radiator, unhook at the degas bottle. Pull out the filter minder, unhook maf connector and loosen the hose clamp right after the hard plastic casing. Give it a little wiggle and it will pop right out.

I remove usually atleast 3 a week and I NEVER disassemble it

4 steps to pull an air filter is 3 to many, with my setup it is as follows
1) remove air filter

webb06

Reaction score
4 steps to pull an air filter is 3 to many, with my setup it is as follows
1) remove air filter

Obviously I wasn't referring to someone with an aftermarket system or encouraging the factory system for that matter. I was offering tips for those above complaining about how bad it sucks to remove.

Either a) you have check engine lights on
Or b) you forgot the mention removing the filter minder and maf connector before your step #1 Lol

weazel

Reaction score
Obviously I wasn't referring to someone with an aftermarket system or encouraging the factory system for that matter. I was offering tips for those above complaining about how bad it sucks to remove.

Either a) you have check engine lights on
Or b) you forgot the mention removing the filter minder and maf connector before your step #1 Lol

No I can slip my filter off without unplugging my MAF, I'm lazy and factored that in when designing my own intake

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
mine is almost done. just waiting on the silcon coupler from the turbo. will be 5" polished aluminum all the way to a big AFE filter. very soon.

weazel

Reaction score
mine is almost done. just waiting on the silcon coupler from the turbo. will be 5" polished aluminum all the way to a big AFE filter. very soon.

I used 4" and an AFE dry-flo filter, works great, you get quite a bit of intake noise, but everything on my truck is loud, so it blends right in

loboost

Reaction score
I used 4" and an AFE dry-flo filter, works great, you get quite a bit of intake noise, but everything on my truck is loud, so it blends right in

Didn't you incorporate pieces of the factory intake as well? Use a 45* bend? Or 30*?

weazel

Reaction score
Didn't you incorporate pieces of the factory intake as well? Use a 45* bend? Or 30*?

Yes, and the bend is a 45* that I cut so I can't tell you the actual bend

swinky

Reaction score

Always one upping everybody lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score

^^

I'm not into tig welding. Who sells a big badass polished intake? Pics?

It appears that you can spell but not read.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my POS phone

Derkperk

Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa tough guy. How am I supposed to know that the dude builds these for other people. I've made some cool stuff for my truck but I'm not into doing for other people. Thanks for the worthless response.

I also appreciate you noticing my spelling and gramatical correctness.

Latest posts

Members online