how many

Dzchey21

Reaction score
of you guys would like to be able to read boost between stages of turbos on the dash daq?
Meaning having a map sensor that will read boost between the atmospheric turbo and then obviously the factory MAP sensor?

Should be good for you guys trying to dial in high, and max power turbos and be able to data log what the pressures are doing.

Keeps for needing to install a mechanical guage, and it can be data logged, i think it gunna cost about 125-150 bucks

here is a shot of the dashdaq in my truck

Supercharger boost
Factory MAP
EBP

2011-05-19_18-32-42_707.jpg

CAT35niner

Reaction score
X2 i think that would be a great idea. not badly priced and very useful.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
A few other things i forgot to mention is it will work with guys that have GPS, and it will be totally plug and play, i think i can also do additional back pressure sensors as well as temp sensor

Dzchey21

Reaction score
its pretty simple it will just consist of a harness, map sensor, and it will take a little programming on your part but it will be very easy to do probably take 30 minutes to install.

You will need a place to tap into the low pressure turbo, or the pipe between turbos, but im going to include a couple different ways to do it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ok, im going to order about 10 harnesses from drew tech on monday and get started on the first sets of harness's So now would be a good time to start a list on who wants them and how many.

Also i noticed that for some reason the factory map sensor max's out at 60psi on the dash daq, but the sensor will actually read alot more than that, so if you think your maxing out the factory map i can run another sensor so you can t into the map or turbo outlet or something and read total boost side by side, it will just cost an aditional sensor and thats it.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I am thinking the same, cause if you are maxing it out you won't know by how much. Would be nice to know if the gates are opening at 62 and if you are fine with it you can leave it that way. YOU SO SMART

Dzchey21

Reaction score
ok i got a couple pms about how its gunna hook up and how easy it will be to install

here are some pics, the harness on my truck is way too long, it was just something i threw together to make sure it would work. Im gunna have to wait till i get the harness's from drew tech to see how long they are ect.

This is the map sensor in the tube between the turbo and the supercharger, on high powers i think it will be easiest to just put it in the compressor housing, where there is already a pipe plug but i need a picture of what the turbos and plug look like installed on the truck so i can see if the sensor will clear
2011-05-22_17-27-45_184.jpg

Easiest way i found was to just run the harness down the fender

2011-05-22_17-28-04_952.jpg

into this grommet hole in the cab, you WILL want to put the grommet back in as this way it does allow for wind noise to inter the cab, again this was just thrown together once i get the actuall harness together i can finalize how the grommets will be ect
2011-05-22_17-28-21_374.jpg

this is behind the panel in the dash, this is where all the extra wire got stuffed but this is where i run my wires up for my dash daq to hook if any of you are running the dashdaq mounting in the cup holder or something like that you will need to let me know before hand so i can make the harness longer for you
2011-05-22_17-28-34_442.jpg

basically after that its pretty simple you just hook the harness to the back of the dash daq, and then there are a few steps to setting the dash daq up to work with the sensors but ill walk you guys thru it its pretty simple, i've done the math for you

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.