how many

White_monster

Reaction score
Dustin if I need to move my map sensor in the manifold I'll prob weld a new bung in. From what I could see on Erik's pic it looked like his map sensor was in the stock spot thou. I think after a few ppl put this on and you iron any hiccups out if there are any it will be solid.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I was wondering how we would use the spot in the pic I took. I just looked at my setup and I have the exact bung that you have pictured Dustin. It should work fine.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys

looks like the biggest pain is going to be with the map sensor, there isnt a ton of room down there to tap into, i wonder if there is a bung or something on the hot side we could use for a reference?

there is a local truck that has max powers maybe ill try and set one up on his truck first and make sure i got everything dialed pretty easy.

Im also going to verify tomorrow that the factory map reading will only go to 50psi, just to make sure we arent adding stuff that isnt needed.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If this will work on a truck with stock turbos I am in.

There really isnt a good place to tap in for a sensor reading on the stock turbos except in the little jumper pipe between the turbos, if your willing to take that off and weld a fitting on then it will work fine, we are going to set up a stock truck just to see what the stock turbos do as far as boost pressures between stages

White_monster

Reaction score
I'd say remote mounting the sensor might be the best way. As long as we get a reading from the output of the LP turbo and a reading after the HP turbo we should be good. I'll see if I can come up with something for you Dustin. I got lots of time. Haha.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
60662[/ATTACH]"]http://
IMG_0051.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 26

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yours will be even easier since we arent going to need a t-fitting for the boost reference line like shones truck has. thanks for the pic erik

What do you have for a intake elbow and cold pipe?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'd say remote mounting the sensor might be the best way. As long as we get a reading from the output of the LP turbo and a reading after the HP turbo we should be good. I'll see if I can come up with something for you Dustin. I got lots of time. Haha.

I think so too, it would be interesting to read boost before the intercooler and after the intercooler...

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Cold pipe is Elites dual tube setup. My elbow is well... not sure I made something up out of a few kits. Pic to follow. LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
both of you, im wondering if either the cold pipe or the intake elbow has a spot for a sensor, the intake elbow is easy to take off and drill and tap

White_monster

Reaction score
I'm sure I can mount a few extra sensors in my system for numbers sake. Only need to connect them for getting data. If your asking me what elbow and cold side pipe I have. I am running the cfm elbow and will be switching to the elite twin tube pipe with the max powers.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Is that what you wanted? For a place for a sensor in the intake it would have to be before the elbow. My tube is made of aluminum and can be modified. I am also running the CFM.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
HAHAHA Well not right now, took the intake off to get access to my trans dip stick when I removed it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.