How to use a ts 6 chip?

96OBS

Reaction score
Okay guys, I bought a 96 f250 7.3 4x4 5 speed 2 months ago or so. I've been slowly doing things to it such as a flatbed, exhaust, intake and stuff. I can be at low rpms and just floor it and nothing, it will slowly climb and when it hits around 1500 its off. I'm definitely wanting to do a chip, and I'm used to a programmer where you just plug it in program and go. But everybody says the ts is the best for these trucks. But I can have one installed and custom tunes from MBS diesel performance in Knoxville tn for $450. I'm just wondering how to use it, like what setting do you guys run all the time? Do you just get in start it up and pick a setting and go? What about switching on the fly? Do you put bit back on stock when you cut it off? Do you have to pause between each setting, like wait a couple seconds on each one before you change it? I'm just scored always switching would mess up stuff. Just need some help.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Start it in whatever setting ya want..... Idk what tunes they offer so I would start it in stock, don't need to pause when ya change it on the fly just let off the throttle. Shut it off in whatever setting.

96OBS

Reaction score
Hey, what place do you reccomend? Beans, TW, swamps? I've also heard some stories about trucks acting weird after a chip. Kinda worries me but I need more power.... lol.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Hey, what place do you reccomend? Beans, TW, swamps? I've also heard some stories about trucks acting weird after a chip. Kinda worries me but I need more power.... lol.

Swamps would get my vote as you're close enough to drive to them

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
many options are available for the MLE1 computer, a lot of customers with OBS and stock injectors use the Fuel7 program for daily driving.
as long as the programs are derived from the same hex and template you should be able to switch on the fly without any problems!
canned tunes will work good but custom tunes usually yield better results.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I would make sure everything is okay first. Is the fuel filter clean? Check fuel pressure? Have you pulled your fpr screen to see if its clogged? Something sounds off if it doesnt pick up until 1500 rpm's.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I would make sure everything is okay first. Is the fuel filter clean? Check fuel pressure? Have you pulled your fpr screen to see if its clogged? Something sounds off if it doesnt pick up until 1500 rpm's.

90cc of injector bro!

96OBS

Reaction score
I'm gonna do the fuel filter soon, dont know where the fpr screen is or how to check fuel pressure. I've only had it about 3 months. Could be turbo lag, it is a 5 speed. But if you floor it it will slowly climb until 1500 then it will go. I just figured since it was a v8 it would do that. But that is once you get to like 3-5 gear. 1-2 gear picks up quick but those are lower gears. This summer I planned on baby swamps and maybe a t500. I don't have enough confidence in myself to do the chip myself so I will be having it installed. Another thing is I feel like my fuel mileage sucks. But I'm used to getting 4-509 a tank off my old Cummins. I'm only getting maybe 300 to a tank if I run it almost to E.

ghohouston

Reaction score
I'm gonna do the fuel filter soon, dont know where the fpr screen is or how to check fuel pressure. I've only had it about 3 months. Could be turbo lag, it is a 5 speed. But if you floor it it will slowly climb until 1500 then it will go. I just figured since it was a v8 it would do that. But that is once you get to like 3-5 gear. 1-2 gear picks up quick but those are lower gears. This summer I planned on baby swamps and maybe a t500. I don't have enough confidence in myself to do the chip myself so I will be having it installed. Another thing is I feel like my fuel mileage sucks. But I'm used to getting 4-509 a tank off my old Cummins. I'm only getting maybe 300 to a tank if I run it almost to E.

Two 10mm head bolts on the drivers side of fuel bowl, pull the regulator off, and look inside the hole in the bowl, remove.screen, blow wth comressed air/ wash, re install

96OBS

Reaction score
Well I done a fuel filter yesterday, I drained the bowl and then filled it with diesel kleen then drained it, there was a lot of sediment and water in the bowl. The drain seemed a little clogged but I just poured in more diesel kleen to try to drain it all. I filled it back with diesel kleen and put in new filter and started it and let it run. Drove it today and seemed a little more peppy. When I start off in first throttle is real touchy, second i can floor it and it fells like normal, 3rd gear is still pretty peppy, 4th I can be cruising and start to barely push on the pedal and it starts going good but if I am at like 1500 or below and just floor it, it does nothing, it just slowly builds then once around 2000 it will go pretty good and you can start hearing the turbo. I now if I'm just cruising in my dads Cummins and floor it it instantly takes off and starts screaming but it is an automatic.

96OBS

Reaction score
It has low miles, it only has 183xxx and holds great oil pressure so its not wore out. I do baby it a lot. When my dad drives it he don't shift til like 2500 or when he hears the turbo whine. I shift it at 2000. I don't really hear the turbo til like 2000.

96OBS

Reaction score
If I fix the vent tube will water stop getting in, I can buy fuel filler hose and clamp it back on the original vent tube. Do the caps leak too?

ncollins64

Reaction score
Contact bdp tuner on here. Its Jonathan Jones that tunes all of beans diesel builds. He's now located in chattanooga tn. I ran his tunes on my 7.3 And picked up almost 45 more hp over all other tunes. he tunes for your specific set up and needs.

Latest posts

Members online