Ideas for carrying a spare tire for 37s

bricewise

Reaction score
Putting around town and crap I don't see the need for a spare but in July i'll be travelling to a few different states and don't need to be stranded due to a flat.

Anybody have their spares in interesting places? Or am I pretty much stuck with in the bed bolted to a toolbox.

BlueOx

Reaction score
I think I remember seeing a thread here that showed ppl carrying 37in tires on their spare underneath the bed of their trucks but I'm not 100%

Sent from the wild blue yonder....

VanoFord

Reaction score
i thought i recall a bracket that replaces the ford logo on the outside of the gate and allows for a tire to be mounted there... lemme do some googling...

mysticblu999

Reaction score
I would love to put a spare 37 in the stock location. Any info?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Layson

Reaction score
I have ran a stock tire on my truck in the front when I was running 40's. You are not going to go fast anywhere but you can get somewhere to fix your tire.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
Maybe Danny will chime in and post a few pictures of the gate he just put on zmbyklr. It looks great, and he'll be putting a 37 on it

VanoFord

Reaction score

Snake

Reaction score
Another option...

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

Remove one bolt and the entire top section can be removed.

And the "arm" going into the bed is for SCUBA tanks.

03f3507.3

Reaction score
Dug through my photobucket to find this ole gem. Hard to tell in this pic but I made my own mount to hold a 38x15.5 in my bed.
DSCF0679_edited-1.jpg

DSCF0667_edited.jpg

DSCF0666_edited.jpg

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Whats wrong with throwing it in the bed? I carry a 37" spare with me, when I am on the road it rides in the bed, when I get to where I am going I take it out.

JrStroker

Reaction score
Another option...

IMAG0672.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

Remove one bolt and the entire top section can be removed.

And the "arm" going into the bed is for SCUBA tanks.

Snake, this is awesome. Did you build this yourself? Or buy it or what? Pm me details if you don't mind. I love how clean it looks. I just may end up doing this.

I like the swing gate option. I've always loved the look of how jeeps carry their spare tire. Plus the swing gate would let me keep my tailgate. I don't know, its always an option.

That big red F350 looks bad to the bone BTW!!

Snake

Reaction score
Jr - I had a guy here in Bradenton, FL fabricate that after a year or so of me riding around with the tire flat in the bed. Probably one of my favorite mods. The front part (second pic) is held in place with "feet" that slide into the |_| shaped piece that's bolted to the bed. The back of the tire holder is held to the |_| shaped piece with one bolt. Remove the bolt and the entire top section comes out (takes 2-3 minutes at most with the tire in there).

I'm sure he'd be happy to make another if you're interested.

mysticblu999

Reaction score
Does anybody know if one in the factory location possible?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

BFT

Reaction score
Sage from carli suspension has a 37" spare mounted in the stock location. The tire is used and he said it fights tight

Last edited: