Idi turbo vs. Psd

Big Bore

Reaction score
It ran pretty strong yesterday against my buddies 24 valve, so i may be happy for a while.lol.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds good. :thumbsup:

Back to fuel. Before you go crazy, if you do a set of stage I's, get a fuel gauge and monitor pressure. On my OBS I did a mod to the banjo fitting on the fuel pump to remove the restrictive lines. I got new fittings for the heads, had some nice fuel lines made, and then cut off the stock copper fuel lines at the fuel pump banjo, drilled it and tapped it for fittings. I don't recall what size they were but you get the idea. That setup kept up with stage I's no problem.

I also used the CA regulator instead of the BB mod, I noticed a difference over the BB.

MAC

Reaction score
If you guys could post more info on the 7.3 PSD that would be awesome, I'm doing a report for history class on antique diesel engines.

usramc

Reaction score
If you guys could post more info on the 7.3 PSD that would be awesome, I'm doing a report for history class on antique diesel engines.

Isn't that cute history class, glad to see your "daddy" lets you pretend his truck is yours so you can join forums.

MAC

Reaction score
Isn't that cute history class, glad to see your "daddy" lets you pretend his truck is yours so you can join forums.

My Dad doesn't have a truck.

Now get your POS 7.3 fixed so it stops leaving oil spots in the driveway!

Ironhide69802

Reaction score
No, the question was "can you" and a few people said "No, the block is too weak"

There is no argument about what "should" and "shouldn't" be done, cause lets face it, NO ONE on this site NEEDS and 700HP work truck!

You do when you heavy haul for a living. Oh and a ton of torque.

You sir are very misinformed. you prolly oughta quit surfing the net to sound like you know whats up and vomiting it here on this forum.
Actually I think your on the wrong forum, the knowitall forum is any of them that start with dodge or cummins. They know everything, especially about a 6.0 or a 6.4 or a 7.3. There knowledge explodes at you when you say it's modded and all the problems the ford has comes out of their mouthes. I guess it's to psyche you out before you issue an a$$whoopin. i do hear they have coloring areas and games, It's a lot of fun. You'll really enjoy it. So do us all a favor and head over there n check it out.

MAC

Reaction score

You sir are very misinformed. you prolly oughta quit surfing the net to sound like you know whats up and vomiting it here on this forum.
Actually I think your on the wrong forum, the knowitall forum is any of them that start with dodge or cummins. They know everything, especially about a 6.0 or a 6.4 or a 7.3. There knowledge explodes at you when you say it's modded and all the problems the ford has comes out of their mouthes. I guess it's to psyche you out before you issue an a$$whoopin. i do hear they have coloring areas and games, It's a lot of fun. You'll really enjoy it. So do us all a favor and head over there n check it out.

Whatever you say, 31 post guy?

Did you really come into this thread just to make yourself look like a dick rider?

Thanks for not contributing any real knowledge.

Big Bore

Reaction score

You sir are very misinformed.

No, you are the one who is misinformed.The kind of torque associated with 700RWHP will melt your drivetrain under a heavy load. Why do you think the differentials, drivelines and trannies on OTR trucks have such large units with huge amounts of fluids? 300RWHP will move anything you can legally tow as fast as you need to go anywhere and still be reliable.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
No, you are the one who is misinformed.The kind of torque associated with 700RWHP will melt your drivetrain under a heavy load. Why do you think the differentials, drivelines and trannies on OTR trucks have such large units with huge amounts of fluids? 300RWHP will move anything you can legally tow as fast as you need to go anywhere and still be reliable.

So I guess towing everything on a race file is a bad idea.LOL

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
My 6.4 is the best truck I have ever owned as far as everything in one package. But i still miss my 97 from time to time. Usually when I am at the ranch and have to run through brush.

PSD-BLACK-CLOUD

Reaction score
only time is been in the shop is for the trans and an exhuast sensor. The trans was my fault. O and a faulty oil cap(that was a mess)

Ironhide69802

Reaction score

I wasn't talking about a little pick up.

MAC

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about a little pick up.

My post was referring to a 700HP pickup, better luck next time!

genius-meme.png

Latest posts

Members online