IDP tunes vs KEM

bpb424

Reaction score
Im not wanting to get into a tuner battle and all that BS.
I am currently running KEM's 345 on my truck. I have heard GREAT things about IDP's tuning for the 6.4. I had IDP tuning on my 6.0 and loved it.

Is it worth spending almost a grand for IDP's tunes on a livewire or would it be more bennefical to buy an airdog II and elites fuel bowl delete?

bpb424

Reaction score
I've heard the KEM 345 has only been making 540hp and IDP xtreme race has been putting down close to 600hp.

I wouldn't say im unhappy with KEM, but I'm always looking for improvements

Rmartin-97

Reaction score
Im not wanting to get into a tuner battle and all that BS.
I am currently running KEM's 345 on my truck. I have heard GREAT things about IDP's tuning for the 6.4. I had IDP tuning on my 6.0 and loved it.

Is it worth spending almost a grand for IDP's tunes on a livewire or would it be more bennefical to buy an airdog II and elites fuel bowl delete?

Do you have a cac pipe on your truck?
Also I have the 345 tune and I think it makes good power I've out ran a few duramaxes up in your neck o the woods.

Last edited:

MINK

Reaction score
I've heard the KEM 345 has only been making 540hp and IDP xtreme race has been putting down close to 600hp.

I wouldn't say im unhappy with KEM, but I'm always looking for improvements

Every dyno is different -I do tend to agree that IDP tunes are alittle stronger performance wise but IMO spend your money on the other mods.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
i'm not a fan of my KEM 345. I bought a livewire and am going to get some IDP tunes when the extra money is layin around.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
love my KEM 345. best shifting and DD tune IMO. but I agree. a couple IDP truck we've tuned pull harder than my KEM tuned truck. but mike is an awesome guy. he adjusts anything you want. I'm sure he could tweak it a little more to your liking.

Eric@One of my mobile units

BFT

Reaction score
would it be worth upgrading to you?

Depending what you are aiming after...It's a good tune, just didn't make the power that the spartan 310 or Eric's extreme race makes.

To me, it would be worth it if you have SCT already

dommel01

Reaction score
I am also looking into doing the samething, getting bored with the power my KEM 345 makes, i have an livewire already, im only gettin about 13.5mpg driving normal with the 345, Would it be worth getting more than just the x-race tune? im looking for more power, but also a tune that gets better mpg, thats why im curious about what do the IDP tunes do mpg wise?

WoodBoy

Reaction score
MPG wise i get about 14.5-15.5 on exstreet.. All others are below that. I would get all his tunes if i were going to do it because you are gonna have to send it to Eric anyways

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
MPG wise i get about 14.5-15.5 on exstreet.. All others are below that. I would get all his tunes if i were going to do it because you are gonna have to send it to Eric anyways

not true, I just bought Erics street tune to run with my new set up so it don't smoke as much

dommel01

Reaction score
how does it work if i send it to eric, does he put all 5 of his tunes on my sct? or what
i know my KEM tunes i can load which ones i want from my computer to the tuner

superdutyfarmer

Reaction score
Ya he will reconfigure the livewire to accept all 5 tunes on it at once, or I would say that you could have them sent to you via e-mail and load a couple at a time. Thats what I did til I can afford to get my truck live tuned

dommel01

Reaction score
if i sent it downthere to have him reconfigure it for all 5, would i still get the software so i could load one of my kem tunes back on it and put the idp back on the computer? haha sorry for all the questioning

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.