If you had to pick DI trans or Twisted Diesel trans?

diehardstroker

Reaction score
So I've talked to diesel innovations about a new transmission that's good for 450 rwhp $3620 before shipping, includes modified valve body, modified pump, borg warner internals, and machined parts, and a precision triple disc torque converter
I also talked to twisted diesel about a trans, $3650. Includes all new steel internals, modified clutch packs, modified valve body, modified pump, and a triple disc torque converter, don't know the brand. It also has a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty.

So if you had to pick which one would you go with. There practically the same price, which is why I'm having a hard time deciding.

04stroker

Reaction score
So I've talked to diesel innovations about a new transmission that's good for 450 rwhp $3620 before shipping, includes modified valve body, modified pump, borg warner internals, and machined parts, and a precision triple disc torque converter
I also talked to twisted diesel about a trans, $3650. Includes all new steel internals, modified clutch packs, modified valve body, modified pump, and a triple disc torque converter, don't know the brand. It also has a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty.

So if you had to pick which one would you go with. There practically the same price, which is why I'm having a hard time deciding.

Where are you from? I would go to whoever is closest of the two if your remotely close to either and set on one of the two.

diehardstroker

Reaction score
if i could pull another 880 out of my butt for a bts then i wouldnt even be asking for some opinions..

diehardstroker

Reaction score
Where are you from? I would go to whoever is closest of the two if your remotely close to either and set on one of the two.

Monroe, MI twisteds in VA and DI is in TX, obviously VA is closer and makes since but i was hoping to see if one trans builder might be preferred over the other..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I want opinions...on DI or Twisted Diesel. if i wanted opinions on bts i wouldve asked about bts

My opinion after spending well over 15k on "built" trans...

BTS...

Of course with no sig, no info on mods, no idea what your future plans are you might just be better off throwing a HD4r100 in there.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
So if you need your truck for work...

Go down to Ford and pick up a HD4r100... 5 year/100k warranty

Problem solved.

diehardstroker

Reaction score
Mods: Beans chip, ported housing, RR billet wheel, HFO, Plenum inserts, twin intake, AIH delete, 4" turboback, Bellowed uppies

Future plans, 450 rwhp max, 175/80 injectors, 38r, regulated return, t500 hpop

diehardstroker

Reaction score
So if you need your truck for work...

Go down to Ford and pick up a HD4r100... 5 year/100k warranty

Problem solved.

maybe im missing something but i called ford about this twice, both times i called 2 different ford dealerships and they both had no clue what i was talking about..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Mods: Beans chip, ported housing, RR billet wheel, HFO, Plenum inserts, twin intake, AIH delete, 4" turboback, Bellowed uppies

Future plans, 450 rwhp max, 175/80 injectors, 38r, regulated return, t500 hpop

For a work truck?

Be prepared to be broke down a lot...

My wifes been over 360hp for 120k now with a HD4r100... Still going strong.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
maybe im missing something but i called ford about this twice, both times i called 2 different ford dealerships and they both had no clue what i was talking about..

Then call a different dealer...

Its a pretty tough SOB for a mild modded truck.

bruce

Reaction score
hell by the time you get those mods the warranty might be up on those other trannies. spring time is a long way off and i was a bit of a barracks loan shark back in my army days so...

diehardstroker

Reaction score
For a work truck?

more like a tow pig, its a daily driver and april-august is most of the towing which is when i make most of my bank..so with a 350 hp tow tune itd be nice, and i got plenty of power in a hot tune to have fun with.

I also called 2 different dealers BTW

Latest posts

Members online