If you had to pick DI trans or Twisted Diesel trans?

ncollins64

Reaction score
I personally would rather have a BTS but if DI or twisted is the only options I would go with twisted. Not knocking DI but I know twisted has built some trannys for some high HP 7.3s.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
more like a tow pig, its a daily driver and april-august is most of the towing which is when i make most of my bank..so with a 350 hp tow tune itd be nice, and i got plenty of power in a hot tune to have fun with.

I also called 2 different dealers BTW

You wont tow very long at 350hp... It breaks stuff...

I tow 10-15k at a 350hp level, but I drive pretty easy.

diehardstroker

Reaction score
I cant, but you can? just cause im new here, doesnt mean i dont know anything about these trucks...you dont know what weight i tow, for all you know it could be 2k lbs..

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
You wont tow very long at 350hp... It breaks stuff...

I tow 10-15k at a 350hp level, but I drive pretty easy.

I tow 10k every day in a tune that made 590on fuel... I don't drive like a d!ldo
But I still do it. Don't have a problem, other than maybe going through u joints faster than normal.. Just my 02. And I know apples to oranges if I have a Bts an he has a ford reman or somethen.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I cant, but you can? just cause im new here, doesnt mean i dont know anything about these trucks...you dont know what weight i tow, for all you know it could be 2k lbs..

Your not understanding what I am putting down...

I tow 10k every day in a tune that made 590on fuel... I don't drive like a d!ldo
But I still do it. Don't have a problem, other than maybe going through u joints faster than normal.. Just my 02. And I know apples to oranges if I have a Bts an he has a ford reman or somethen.

What I am getting at is the same thing Charles has said for years...

Your not going to tow above 300hp with a one ton truck... The trans, rear end, U-joints and such just wont take it...

Now that is sustained hp levels... Dont expect to just hold it to the floor with a 350hp tune and expect it to hold together.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
Your not understanding what I am putting down...

What I am getting at is the same thing Charles has said for years...

Your not going to tow above 300hp with a one ton truck... The trans, rear end, U-joints and such just wont take it...

Now that is sustained hp levels... Dont expect to just hold it to the floor with a 350hp tune and expect it to hold together.

I understand an agree....... Get what you mean now

diehardstroker

Reaction score
yeah foot in the floor with a 350 hp tune i agree, stuffs gonna break, driving nice, towing 6k lbs shouldnt be an issue. but im not here to debate that.

I asked about DI and twisteds transmissions, on HERE because i Know theres a lot of guys with a lot of different combos and i figured thered be a little less BS but i guess not, again ive called 2 DIFFERENT dealers about the HD4r100, nobody knows what im talking about. id think either of these 2 transmissions is a better choice than the ford reman.

all id like are opinions on twisted diesel and DI those are the 2 ive narrowed it down to,

diehardstroker

Reaction score
if all your going to continue to do is say BTS then please stop posting in this thread. your not going to change my mind because i cant afford it. simple as that. so ill ask nicely again if your going to continue to say BTS Joe then please stop posting in this thread

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Honestly though, BTS.
DI builds a quality trans, and I'm sure Twisted does as well, but for an extra $800 why not get the best warranty in the business? If you lived within driving distance of either DI or Twisted it would change things, but you are going to have to ship the trans no matter where you get it from.
You've already said you don't need a new transmission until April. If you can't come up with $800 in the next 6 months, then you really have no business owning a modified truck. Slap a FoMoCo reman in it and be done.

diehardstroker

Reaction score
i gotta come up with $3700+ whatever shipping and install, is by april. which ive done the math and is do-able for me without completely breaking the bank.

diehardstroker

Reaction score
But honestly though, have you thought about a BTS?

Yes, i have. It was the first trans i looked into, its been on my list of mods for a while but things dont always go the way we want them to. I was trying to plan this out so id be getting a new trans NEXT fall instead of this spring, and funding is a little tight right now, so for the time being, to my dismay, ill be settling for the 2nd best option. but the 2nd best option is good enough for my future plans so im trying to make this a one time thing. and i dont see what the big deal is. I dont drag race it, i dont sled pull it, its a daily driver that tows not to much weight 5 months of the year.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Throwing this out there . My trans has suncoast clutch kit, a valve body, and a cheap tq that I picked up used for 900$. It had 20k on it, I added another 40k on ir beating the piss out of it @ 450 , lots of hooks, bunch of drag races . Probaby 50 launches @ 15-20 psi

I'd say get a valve body and a good TC and run what you have

sent while staring at a windowed block

diehardstroker

Reaction score
im gonna have to have the clutch pack replaced, im slipping in 2, 3, tc lockup, and OD. if i drive really nice without towing it usually wont slip but i hook some weight behind it and it does all of the above. so the way i thought about it, to do the TC, valvebody, and clutch pack, and paying for the labor to have it done, i might as well get a whole new trans.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have no clue what DI offers for a trans but ive looked into twisted for a couple people and id go that route IF I couldnt get what I have already...

By the way, ive been fishing a few times from the monroe boat launch. Went out on the lake with my uncle a couple times for some waleye... derail over

live life full throttle....
load it like a box car, drive it like a stock car..

Latest posts

Members online