In a bit of a mess. Need help please.

genuineford

Reaction score
Looks like I need a hpop for my truck asap. We are suppose to go on vacation Wednesday of next week and we need the truck. Would anyone have an 03 6.0 hpop laying around that they would sell me and ship out next day air? Thank you.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
I do. But I believe the one i have came out a 05. I'm pm d you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

genuineford

Reaction score
Thank you but I jumped the gun a bit. I can get one from ford next day for a decent price. I need to do a bit more diagnostics on it. All I know now is I am not building enough icp to start when the engine is warm.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Be careful with the reman pumps from Ford, we've installed SEVERAL that were bad out of the box...it's a lot of work to do just to find out the truck still won't run (or to have ti come back in a short time with another pump issue). In talking with Bob at DieselSite, it looks like there are issues with the castings and reman shops are fixing some of them with epoxy products like JBWeld (and not doing a good job of it). We are to the point that we won't do stock Ford pumps unless the customer insists...and then we don't warranty the labor because even though Ford will cover the pump if it's bad...they won't pay our labor to change it out. You know the saying...Fool Me Once...

I've got 2 of the DieselSite 6.0L Adrenaline pumps here, let me know if you need one.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I doubt it's the pump if it starts cold but wont start hot... sounds more like a small leak in the high pressure oil system. Need to do an air test on the system.

genuineford

Reaction score
I will work on getting the fitting needed to do an air test and go from there. Thanks Dennis for the heads up on the Ford reman pumps.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Get the truck hot, and real fast like yank the valve covers and install the block off tools in the feed lines to the oil rail(s).

I have seen these pumps not build adequate pressure when got, also have seen IPR stick when they get hot.

The early trucks were not as prone to leakage as the late trucks. An air check would still be beneficial, but I would like to see ICP and IPR numbers during a hot soak crank.

genuineford

Reaction score
What size fittings do i need to block off the feed lines in the heads? I am on a I am going to get it home after work in the morning then try to look at it after I sleep a while. It is building about 310-375 psi when hot from the reading on my edge while cranking. I could not get any ipr numbers off of it since I did not have AE with me.

genuineford

Reaction score
Okay so I decided to tear the hpop cover off and don't see anything out of the ordinary. So I took my rubber tipped blow gun and pressurized the HPOP system and I am getting a gurgling noise from my turbo oil feed. I am not hearing anything anywhere else. If I am correct from my research that means the HPOP is bad. Correct me if I am wrong in that thinking.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Okay so I decided to tear the hpop cover off and don't see anything out of the ordinary. So I took my rubber tipped blow gun and pressurized the HPOP system and I am getting a gurgling noise from my turbo oil feed. I am not hearing anything anywhere else. If I am correct from my research that means the HPOP is bad. Correct me if I am wrong in that thinking.

did you power the ipr?

Sent while spinning 18 wheels

genuineford

Reaction score
I think I found my issue. I pulled my IPR out and took a look at the O-rings on it. There is a little bit of damage to them so I am guessing that is where my issue is.

IMG_20130511_144622_zpse844802c.jpg

IMG_20130511_144557_zps4c59c6a1.jpg

907DAVE

Reaction score
Power the IPR and check again.

The pump failures I have seen are either a complete no start or stall after up to temp. HPO leaks generally show as a no start hot condition, but typically will run all day long once started.

How does the IPR screen look?

genuineford

Reaction score
IPR screen looks good. Just the damage to the one o-ring on the IPR. I will get the new screen kit for the IPR and get it back together tomorrow morning and see what happens.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.