In a bit of a mess. Need help please.

genuineford

Reaction score
Well when I did the pressure test I didn't hear air leaking from anywhere else. I will test it again then I get the IPR back in and see what I get.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

907DAVE

Reaction score
Keep in mind it may take several minutes for the air to push the oil out and and audible leak to be heard.

genuineford

Reaction score
I want to thank all of you for your help. I was able to locate a leak for sure this morning. I found the top O-ring for #7 injector blown out. I have parts on order and should have it back together tomorrow afternoon. Dave it was your second to last post that made me really look into it more before I went off and started throwing parts at it. I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Dave

Reaction score
I want to thank all of you for your help. I was able to locate a leak for sure this morning. I found the top O-ring for #7 injector blown out. I have parts on order and should have it back together tomorrow afternoon. Dave it was your second to last post that made me really look into it more before I went off and started throwing parts at it. I will keep you updated on how it goes.

Same one that caused the no start on mine a couple months ago

genuineford

Reaction score
I got the truck all put together this afternoon and took it for a drive. I had a miss so I checked the codes and #6 was missing. When I put the injector plug in it the plug for the injector pushed back into the rocker box. I couldn't get it to pull out enough so I ended up pulling the valve cover off and getting it connected. Once that was all done we took it out for a drive and it runs better than it has in a long time and fires right up when warm. Thank you all for your help I appreciate it a lot.

genuineford

Reaction score
Yep all the work was worth it.

uploadfromtaptalk1368824774344.jpg

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
my 05 had 3 injector o-rings fail, same thing would happen. but, i replaced the HPOP (twice :doh: ) before we figured it out.

i just saw this thread. sorry i couldnt help before, but these guys are pretty damn smart on here.

Latest posts

Members online