Injectors

Jmac204

Reaction score
I have a 2006 6.0 and was wondering if there is anyway to test injectors cause sometimes when I start it it will crank for a good 5-6 seconds and then fire when usually it's maybe 2-3 seconds and also when I'm driving down interstate it will start to nudge kinda like the cut out feeling just for like one second when climbing a hill or even driving on flat pavement far as I know it has original injectors at 126k miles it's got a cold air intake and four inch straight pipe and a six inch lift with 37s no tuner or tunes in case anyone was wondering thanks for the help guys have a good day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
You can remove them and send them out to a place like Holder's Diesel to be flowed/tested.

You can also try an injector buzz test (tests electronic side) and a contribution test (tests the actual function of the injector) with software, but they're not always conclusive.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Most of the time it sounds like you internal seals are starting to go and internal springs wearing out let us know if we can help you we have the ability to rebuild and flow test injectors here in house

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

GFDtech

Reaction score
You need to find a shop who has a Ford IDS and have them do a power balance and buzz test. Also your FICM could be going out and not supplying the proper power to the injectors which will cause a long start and lack of power. Have you had to install new batteries and/or alternator recently ?

Jmac204

Reaction score
Had new batteries when I bought it a year ago if I remember right

GFDtech

Reaction score
Low voltage is what takes out a FICM . Bad batteries and/ or alternator will damage the internal convertors in the FICM. Had one two weeks ago with a hard start and no power when towing. With koeo the FICM showed 48 volts but when driving the FICM dropped to 33 volts and the truck had no power.

Latest posts

Members online