input on my build

gmax228

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am new here and looking for some input on the new build I have planned for my truck and was told this is the place to go for performance help, truck is a 96 f-350 single cab 8 ft bed 5 speed
current setup
d66
stage 2 160 with 80 overs
custom electric fuel
te modded *17 hpop
comp 910 springs
intercooler
downpipe with 4" exhaust to stacks
intake with big filter
hpx over
tw tunes
southbend dual disk

New setup
t4 turbo kit with s468 (1.10 ar housing)
238 hybrids
push rods
studs
new tunes ( not sure whos yet)
girdle ( not sure if needed or not)
stage 2 water meth from snow
swamps modded idm

I am wondering if my current HPOP is going to be enough to fuel the new sticks?
Is the girdle worth it?
Who does the best tuning for modded trucks?

thanks for any input

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the t.e. pump will keep up or not. But I think it should. Also why only 238s? What size nozzles? 250/200s could be had for the same price from most places

gmax228

Reaction score
ok so no girdle and i was thinking 250's but wasnt sure so i am really on the fence about them but leaning more towards them every day havent ordered them yet have to sell my current stuff to free up a little money before injectors lol

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Was told a stock HPOP will feed hybrids fine. "238/100's"

A stock can work with any size injector. Working ok and working to 100% are two diff things. A stock pump can still throw a CEL with 238's.

In our testing, our 200cc hybrids have held 3100psi with a good stock -7* pump.

gmax228

Reaction score
A stock can work with any size injector. Working ok and working to 100% are two diff things. A stock pump can still throw a CEL with 238's.

ok thanks guys i will try mine if it codes i can change the hopo pretty easily

dirk0

Reaction score

That no $hit. Been there with a stock 17*. The modded 17 you have should be fine with the 238's as long as the bodies are ok and you aren't blowing oil past the injector. Another been there moment.

gmax228

Reaction score
i am looking more towards 250's now will the extra 12cc make that much of a difference in the hpop consuption?

dirk0

Reaction score
12cc on the injector side? No. Depending on what nozzle.. it very well could. The faster you're able to push the fuel out, the more volume of oil you'll need to keep up.

rustbucket

Reaction score
250/200's are really going to push your stock rods to the limit. If your planning on rebuilding your motor and going to billet rods down the road then you can tune the injectors down untill then.

dirk0

Reaction score
Anything around 500-550rwhp is pushing the limits of a stock 7.3 (non PMR) block.

dirk0

Reaction score
Marty has told me he ran 400/400s and a s475 on a forged bottom.. how is 250/200s pushing it

4202r with 250's and I have some bottom end noise already. I'm just saying once you pass the 500rwhp area, the stock bottom end is not "if".. it's just "when" it will go.

Reaction score
If your gonna tear it apart enough to put in a girdle then why not just put billet rods in now and. Correct me if I'm wrong but Marty ran that setup on a used motor he didn't care about not one he needed long term. He's the one that talked me into getting billet rods for my motor

Sent from on the commode with Tapatalk 2

dirk0

Reaction score
If your gonna tear it apart enough to put in a girdle then why not just put billet rods in now and. Correct me if I'm wrong but Marty ran that setup on a used motor he didn't care about not one he needed long term. He's the one that talked me into getting billet rods for my motor

Sent from on the commode with Tapatalk 2

That's what I remember as well..

If you run a $1500 simple girdle or some $2k+ bedplate setup, go with Crower, Hypermax, Carrillo, or Manley rods. Remember, with a girdle\bedplate setup, need to line hone\bore as needed and I would do a partial block fill before that...

And *IF* you go this route, might as well port the heads and reground a cam to take advantage of the head work...

It's a never ending cycle of sucking money out of your wallet.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.