(Insert cleaver build thread name here) Build Thread

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well got the uncracked block all torn down last night everything looked good but the cam... So now I know where the metal shavings came from.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well this is not the motor that was in the truck. This is the one that I bought for 600 bucks. I am trying to find a good stock 6.4 or 6.0 cam I can either run or use as a core for a stage one. Not sure what caused it. It was late when I got the motor torn apart and I needed to load it into the truck last night. I dropped the block and heads off at the machine shop today. They are charging me 200 for the heads and to hone the block is 250, and that's clean, home and then clean the block. They said if it needs to be bored it will be an extra 100-150 bucks. That doesn't seem bad to me. Seems like a good shop. I peeked a 1800hp alcohol motor they built ;)

Last edited:

Stroked777

Reaction score
Got a call from the machine shop just now. Said the heads I got with the new motor were in perfect shape. And said I had a .0002 taper in my cylinders. He said I could run it that way or bore it over .010. So I went with boring it out.

P.S anyone know the formula or how much displacement is added to a 6.4 when its bored 10 over? Just curious

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well got the cracked block out tonight, didn't see where the crack is yet but I can see the bottom of the lifter that went democrat, it's all broken off and the roller missing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 142

Stroked777

Reaction score
Well I'm back. Starting to build a parts list. My plan is to get all parts from Midwest diesel. So far I have reman heads (I actually have no idea where my other ones went), no limit head studs, full engine seal and gasket set, .010 over pistons delipped, coated, valve relieved, gapless second ring, RCD stage 3 cam, full HD valve train with Hd spring push rods and should I do HD retainers? My goal is still 800 hp and running a 472. I know I'm forgetting a dual fueler, and a lift pump and other things but I want to build the base for the power now and just get the truck running. It's been sitting for two and a half years since I moved out to Wyoming. Good thing I have a house now to work on it

sootie

Reaction score
Good to see you back! Congrats on the house. Cool to see you still kicking it with the six four.

Latest posts

Members online