installing my injectors....

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
Truck ran like crap before the injector swap. I messed with my idm a year or so ago( stupid resistor mod) .

Swapped in the 175s from you guys then noticed it ran worse then before. Just swapped in the idm neverkickn sent me and it does run much smoother then before but still has a miss.

golfer

Reaction score
have you checked fuel pressure? or are there any concerns that the engine may have a compression issue?(blowby, oil consumption, etc?)

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
have you checked fuel pressure? or are there any concerns that the engine may have a compression issue?(blowby, oil consumption, etc?)

The motor has no blow by (according to the oil fill tube)

I have not ran a compression test on it either.

Motor doesn't consume oil, other then the usual 1 quart.

Fuel pressure is between 59-60 psi at idle

golfer

Reaction score
you need to get it to a competent shop and have some diagnostics performed.

buzz test, CCT?

did you order these from us? if so, email me the name under which the order was placed, and we'll get you a replacement out if needed.

[email protected]

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I ran a buzz test on the truck last week and the idm failed.

Cct test showed a #2 cyl code.

I bought these off a guy from another site then had them shipped to you and had new 30% nozzles put on them since one was cracked.

They used to be 175/173s that he purchased from you I was told.

Gootee

Reaction score
Mine was hit and miss. It would show once out of maybe 8 tests.

Truck would sputter and was low on power. Smoked Pretty bad. Low fuel economy. Just overall didn't seem right. (obvious)

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
See mine is not smoking that much, but sometimes will sputter on take off.

But there is no blue smoke or white smoke anymore.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Wouldn't that show on a buzz test?

No. Electrical voodoo likes to show up under load. Free rev a car with a bad coil and its fine. Put it in gear applying a load, watch it sputter as electrons search for a clear path and come up short. Id check wiring real good homie!

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
No. Electrical voodoo likes to show up under load. Free rev a car with a bad coil and its fine. Put it in gear applying a load, watch it sputter as electrons search for a clear path and come up short. Id check wiring real good homie!

Ahhh that's true, didn't think about that

neverkickn

Reaction score
Unless you have a wiring issue that only exhibits problems when the wire is moved a certain way, you should be able to ohm test everything and rule out wiring with a pretty high degree of certainty.

Since you dont have a scan tool you can nip the wiring possibility in the butt as best you can by doing a little ohm testing. You already know how to get to the idm, so just unplug the idm and pull the plug out to where you can access the pins on it and follow this procedure.

Attachments

• idm pinout.pdf
    710.5 KB · Views: 69

Gootee

Reaction score
Mine was smoking like it was under a load. I'm not sure. I just figured I'd mention that. Definitely worth checking it I think. The wire one way it ran fine. Turned the other way and ran like I stated above.

Latest posts

Members online