Intake Manifolds: Apex vs GoGo vs Elite

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
Ive been tossing around the idea to get a ported intake manifold for my truck, looks to be a couple other offerings now besides gogo's. whats everyones opinion on this? Gogo's is 1200, Elite's 1100, i havent gotten an answer on the price of the apex. in the end my biggest concern is performance.

windrunner408

Reaction score
On stock heads, I dont think there will be enough of a performance difference between any of them to say which is better. I would pick the one you like the best for other reasons than performance. FWIW, I've heard A LOT of great things about Doug's manifold.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Just short of buying all three, and doing back to back dyno runs with them, I don't think you're going to get an answer to this.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
All three are an improvement over stock, and all three will outflow stock or even mildly ported heads, so it makes no difference.

Superblazin

Reaction score
I have Elite's! The workmanship on it was top notch! J.D. Sent it out immediatly, well packaged and very friendly service!

windrunner408

Reaction score
No he's saying that there won't be a noticeable difference of a power increase that sets any of the three apart.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that there will be a "noticeable" (seat of the pants feel) gain in power such as in a turbo only upgrade. However, I do believe that if the manifolds are working properly, there should be some sort of power increase (at least if ran back to back of stock vs modified on a dyno). I think what will be more noticeable is less smoke, lower EGTs, possibly better fuel mileage, possibly less lag, and possibly a better sounding/smoother running engine. Just going by feed back that I have read about from guys with ported intake manifolds.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Everything I've read from guys who have added just the manifold, says they have actually noticed a seat of the pants feel. Supposedly spool up is greatly improved and it seems to get up and go much quicker.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
It will be hard to find anybody with feedback from only installing a ported manifold. Nearly everyone who puts a manifold on does a bunch of other stuff at the same time. It really comes down to what company you want to deal with, and who you feel treats you right.

ford rules

Reaction score
I personally like the apex. I ordered a direct drive solenoid from absolute and he was great to deal with and good shipping.
I will buy an apex when the time comes.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I did mine at the same time as the turbo upgrade, so its not a apples to apples comparison. But I will say all things in conjunction seem to work very well as my EGT's at WOT on my 300HD tune only creep up to 1350*. But as the rest have said I don't think you will find any stark differences that will set one apart from the other in terms of #'s.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
I personally like the apex. I ordered a direct drive solenoid from absolute and he was great to deal with and good shipping.
I will buy an apex when the time comes.

I have my apex ordered, and Steve has been very good to deal with.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I did I ported manifold with stock injectors. It's no huge gain in power, but temps were reduced on wot runs, as well as it having the seat of the pants feel for faster spool. The truck was definitely happy with the improvement in flow. I will be doing one on my new truck ASAP.

Latest posts

Members online