Intake Manifolds: Apex vs GoGo vs Elite

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Good info in here. I talked with Tadd earlier and it sounds like he will be testing my Apex manifold as well. Look forward to getting some definitive data back! Thanks Tadd

Carry on.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Its the only way to know hows really going to perform! Shows the restriction the stock heads really are

Lang

Reaction score
Isn't there a thread on here about a guy out $1200 from GoGo? For 2 years?

Zmann

Reaction score
Yes
that is why the fun is being made of testing the non existent manifold on the flow bench

g2shuck

Reaction score
Bringing this back up because we just got the flow tests done.

We installed the Zmax on a ported cylinder head and flowed the rearmost ports.

The cylinder head flows 197cfm @ .300" valve lift and 200cfm @ .400" valve lift.

The stock manifold and ported cylinder head flows 154cfm @ .300" lift and 157 @ .400".

The Zmax manifold and ported cylinder head flows 184cfm @ .300" lift and 189cfm @ .400" lift.

So it still restricts our ported head but it flows more than enough for a stock head.

I know the GOGO manifold was supposed to flow in the 240cfm range but I believe that was just the manifold on the flow bench and not flowing through an actual cylinder head so I can't say that those numbers are apples to apples for comparison.

So at the end of the day what does this mean, the Zmax is beneficial to anyone. If you have stock heads its more than enough. If you have ported heads then it will help but could use some more.

We will look into getting more flow out of the current Zmax for ported head guys.

Did these ported heads have the 1mm oversized valves tht you offer?

kdogg85

Reaction score
Should it really matter so much on flow compared to which one can handle a pressure drop better. I ask that because these being forced induction applications as opposed to n/a applications. Kind of the same as fuel pressure drop from front to back of the heads.

No doubt an open tube flows more than one with posts, but how bout seeing where the pressure drop is the worst, I would say that is another variable to consider as well.

BTW, had a gogo on mine and it worked fine, excellent craftsmanship as well.

GRKNCK73

Reaction score
I just received this in the mail yesterday. It took about a month to get it. Price was $500 + $200 for the core. Looks great, and seems to be ported all the way thru.
Got it thru the Diesel Dr. Josh was the point man.

This will be going into my truck along with some other goodies. I wish there was a realistic way for me to drive the truck with it on there by itself and report the difference....

Attachments

• Diesel Doctor ported intake Manifold.jpg
    Diesel Doctor ported intake Manifold.jpg
    625.9 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts

Members online