Interior lights not working

jamestaylor47

Reaction score
2012 f-350 6.7L XL. Interior lights aren't working when you open the door I've tried every fise I can think of. They work when I push them manually and I replaced the bulbs. Anyone else have similar probs? Or know how to fix? It also doesn't work when I push the dimmer switch. The dimmer still works with the gauge illumination but not the lights. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
The 3 year bumper to bumper is probably over.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
You hold down the dimmer switch to see if they come on? Also what bulbs did you use? I had Recons in my Dodge and the lights wouldn't come on by themselves, but would if I put the dimmer switch all the way up. Retro's bulbs that I have now come on by themselves. Weird...

CATDiezel

Reaction score
This used to be a classic failure with my work trucks (f350'-f550). The problem was a stuck latch sensor in the door. I used to spray the latch down good with a cleaner then followed by a penatrate oil. It would work for awhile then stop working again. My f550 was the worst. The ingrediant was....

Dirt.

I'm speaking of the claw latch that' grabs the striker on the door itself. The older trucks had the sensor located there. If I'm remembering correctly. It was either there or the plastic piece that protrude out from the hinge area... I cannot remeber. Either way I was in lots of DIRT all the time So I regularly had to clean and lube them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online