JACKED!!!

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Now i really want a alarm for shop. we have cameras that record but dosent seem like enough now.

Well think of it like this, the cameras dont stop them, it will just catch them ( yes sometimes it will stop them but think worst case), so are you willing to let someone break in and take everything and then try to catch them, or do you want to prevent them from getting in at all.

dasboot

Reaction score
We had a break in last night at the shop and they got us good. Cleaned out tool boxes, broke into truck and ripped out stereos, unbolted turbo from drag truck and pullin truck, stole custom header I made for my pullin truck, cleaned off shelves in show room, stole custom valve cover and fuel rail/injs from a Honda outside, lots of other crap as well.

Hate thieves, if anyone see's anything that may help us PLEASE let us know. I will try and get some pics of the header and turbos. Stole a polished cover 366, polished s480 and a polished PT95. I think also another regular ole s300 I had on an engine for mockup.

Don't you guys have some type of alarm/ security?

mortal798

Reaction score
I know its only been two days... but has anything shown up yet? I poked around eBay and Craigslist for awhile... didn't see much that could match your stuff.

I hope you get it all back.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
If you could rig an alarm with ur doors to not open once alarm goes off you could really have a fun day at work the next day

BDP Sales

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but it seems like the "do you guys have an alarm" question has been ignored several times.

We were actually in the process pricing out different options for a security system/cameras. We were a day late and a dollar short, but honestly, by the way this was done, not sure if it would have mattered if we had one or not.

dasboot

Reaction score
you can rig up your own alarm systems that will ring your home or cell phone and also can have cameras that you can monitor you shop from your computer at home. The old alarm company that calls you when an alarm goes off and asked you what do you want to do is crap. the theives are off by the time they get hold of you or the police get there. I think radio shack sells a system and att has a monitoring system mentioned above.

4tonGT40

Reaction score
damn, that sucks and as a shop owner myself that type of thing worries me the most.Hopefully insurance does you right and you can get all your stuff back. Thieves are the lowest of the low and should be F*cking shot! Sorry to hear it...post your pics man hopefully you can catch these bastards.
Also keep an Eye out on craigslist and surrounding cities, ebay and all that type of Sh*t.

dasboot

Reaction score
On our peak season our yard may have 50+/- motor homes some worth nothing but most worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ The yard is fenced and has motion sensors throught the yard. Only draw back is if the alarm goes off, they call you and you have to either go see what is up or have them call the police.

Reaction score
We had a couple of our employees trucks broke into in the parking lot and that was enough for me. We had an alarm and motion detectors, but now we have inside and outside cameras and laser beams as well. It costs some money, but the peace of mind was worth it. Something trips the lasers, you can look at the cameras on your phone.

Sending some help your way buddy.

morepower02

Reaction score
I have sharks with friggen laser beams protecting my customers boats. Also cameras and other motion alarms in the lot.

BDP Sales

Reaction score
We had a couple of our employees trucks broke into in the parking lot and that was enough for me. We had an alarm and motion detectors, but now we have inside and outside cameras and laser beams as well. It costs some money, but the peace of mind was worth it. Something trips the lasers, you can look at the cameras on your phone.

Sending some help your way buddy.

Thanks a ton Rudy, seriously!!

I like the idea of laser beams, thinking they should be mounted on top of some Noveske's though!! :jammin:

I'm sure we're missing some stuff on the list, but got it totaled up to $65,000 just for inside the shop stuff that was taken, not including the customers trucks outside that got molested.
It just keeps adding up, but we're still chuggin along.

Swamp

Reaction score
Ryan,
We at Swamp's are very, very sorry to hear about this. Please post more details or pics of what's missing (yeah, I know, you can't take pics cause its missin') or descriptions, just in case someon calls us with some "good used parts for sale"

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Bean. I like the sharks with laser beams ideas...seriously hope you recover what was taken and make an example out of these assholes

KPSquared

Reaction score
That is seriously terrible. Someone had your number for sure.

I know it doesn't matter after the fact, but at my buddies gravel pit, he's got cameras with motion sensing gear that if anyone walks into view, it fires a text to his iPhone and then he can watch from his phone and control the cameras. Also alerts the po-po if he doesn't know the person/people who set the alarm off. It's a pretty slick set up, although being a gravel pit, he does tend to watch a lot of deer wander through...

majones3586

Reaction score
This sucks to hear i seen it on CL and on FB i will keep my eyes and ears open to anyone gettin rid of parts that might seem to be what you were describing...

Latest posts

Members online