Joined "The Club"

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
I'm just curious why everyone jumped on the 80% nozzles have to be hot and smokey bandwagon.

Every single nozzle has a distinct purpose and use.

Can you tow with a 400% nozzle? Sure you can. Is it the best option for you if all you do is tow and daily drive your truck? NO!

Reaction score
I'm just curious why everyone jumped on the 80% nozzles have to be hot and smokey bandwagon.

Can you tow with a 400% nozzle? Sure you can. Is it the best option for you if all you do is tow and daily drive your truck? NO!

That's why I left it alone. My truck had all kinds of power and towed great with the 80s.

psduser1

Reaction score

I don't think that there was/is a bandwagon, Tim. Some people, and I don't mean just charles, have spent the time to refine their tuning to support 200 or 400% nozzles. I don't know if the op did this or any other details about his setup. Pretty sure it wasn't very long ago that 200% was "barely streetable", to quote some sage on another site. Lol:toast:

V-Ref

Reaction score
How is equal atomization possible?

Without more holes of an equal size?
Why do 200% nozzle injectors make the same power as 80% nozzle injectors with less EGT?

Given-proper tuning, quality built injectors, no mechanical faults, etc.

If you have a 200% nozzle truck that has problems with cold weather opns down to -35f, doesn't tow within the rpm range of the installed turbo, runs hot egts, idles like a piece of junk, and there are mechanical faults with the truck....then you either need different injectors or tuning or both.

Flame away.......

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
everyone = two people

small bandwagon

This has been going on for years. And some specific few just are not posting here, yet.

I don't think that there was/is a bandwagon, Tim. Some people, and I don't mean just charles, have spent the time to refine their tuning to support 200 or 400% nozzles. I don't know if the op did this or any other details about his setup. Pretty sure it wasn't very long ago that 200% was "barely streetable", to quote some sage on another site. Lol:toast:

Oh there is, its not just about the 80's but the 30's as well.

Before I start my next statement this is not a shot at you or Charles but just a statement.........

DO you run Charles tuning? with 200 or 400% nozzles? Are you just quoting years of rambling on the forums? It is simply amazing how some people believe they have their own vehicles running smooth, until they actually get it fixed(ie, injectors or tuning) Large injectors can, and are supposed to idle like stock. If they don't you have an issue.

And ever since we made a 200% nozzle function as it should, they have been extremely streetable. They didn't leave here until they were. Now 400% are. People still believe injectors are just cut pistons and larger nozzles, :shrug:

The old saying used to be you get what you pay for. Now its you are paying for what you are not getting.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Why do 200% nozzle injectors make the same power as 80% nozzle injectors with less EGT?

Simple. A 200% nozzle SHOULD be able to do everything an 80% can do. But a 80% can do things a 200% can not. There is extreme logic to the sizes of injectors we offer. There are years of trail and error that have taken place to come up with what I feel are the perfect options of injectors to meet any scenario a customer could need. Many have even surpassed my expectations.

Given-proper tuning, quality built injectors, no mechanical faults, etc.

If you have a 200% nozzle truck that has problems with cold weather opns down to -35f, doesn't tow within the rpm range of the installed turbo, runs hot egts, idles like a piece of junk, and there are mechanical faults with the truck....then you either need different injectors or tuning or both.

Flame away.......

This last statement holds true for ANY set up.

One thing we have found over the years as we progressed in injector design, is the better we built them the fewer tuning issues the customer had. IDLE issues are nearly non existent anymore, no matter what the size. Could there be a reason some of the biggest shops in this industry carry our product???

Last edited:

psduser1

Reaction score
I think you and Charles actually agree on injector sizing and tuning, lol.
I would agree a 30% nozzle is easier-closer to stock-to tune than a 200% nozzle.
If you want more out of this platform, you'll need to spend either time or money to make the bigger nozzle work.

And no, charles hasn't had anything to do with my truck. And I must ask, do you do any tuning? Not being sarcastic, serious question.

Charles

Reaction score
I don't know what all nozzles I've run anymore, but nothing I've ever run was ever in the league with the 200 EDM in terms of eagerness to run and run clean, and make clean power.

And I almost always make one change at a time, so it's not as if I was trying all different types of injectors with different nozzles. Just nozzle swaps and perfect bench matching before being run.

The 200 EDM nozzle was the first nozzle I actually had to get serious with and actually learn how to tune. Everything else worked fine without really having to understand how to map ICP and PW to pedal and rpm, nor having to understand how to keep everything in check at idle and have the power backup say a drop in gear, or a foot off a clutch instantly.

The 200 is the blown, big-block gasser for a 7.3. I could crack the throttle from a green light and be blowing the tires off before they reached the pavement the front tires were just sitting on! And that was without a topfuel idle.

My crew cab has piss-poor icp at WOT with whatever sh*t tune was written to the PCM when I got it and these AD's. I may do a single shot P&B with stock intensifier length and a 200 EDM on a BONE STOCK truck just because the 200's are that crisp and awesome. No fuel system, nothing. Intake and exhaust came on it. I think intake, exhaust and 200 EDM nozzles might be a fun demo. Maybe idle videos, cold starts and fully loaded smokeless shots would cure some ills.

Wonder how much power a stock turbo would make at say 30lbs with some 200 nozzles?

Anyway, I would run a 200 EDM on an AA. They rock. Course I'd much rather have a 5:1 ratio...

On Edit: I wish I had time, because I could pop the 4/4's out of the red truck and pop them in this truck with a 200 nozzle. That would actually be cheap as hell. Probably going to try and get that on my list. Tune to ~300 wheel, or until the bone stock 4R seems flimsy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This has been going on for years. And some specific few just are not posting here, yet.

Oh there is, its not just about the 80's but the 30's as well.

Before I start my next statement this is not a shot at you or Charles but just a statement.........

DO you run Charles tuning? with 200 or 400% nozzles? Are you just quoting years of rambling on the forums? It is simply amazing how some people believe they have their own vehicles running smooth, until they actually get it fixed(ie, injectors or tuning) Large injectors can, and are supposed to idle like stock. If they don't you have an issue.

And ever since we made a 200% nozzle function as it should, they have been extremely streetable. They didn't leave here until they were. Now 400% are. People still believe injectors are just cut pistons and larger nozzles, :shrug:

The old saying used to be you get what you pay for. Now its you are paying for what you are not getting.

Speaking of that you'll have a set of Injectors coming your way Soon.

Reaction score
Any thoughts on a girdle?

I have thought about it. My concern is if another rod lets go it's most likely gonna take out the girdle with it. I'm just gonna save my money until I build a full motor. For now a used forged rod block will do and I'll take it easy on it.

swinky

Reaction score
I have thought about it. My concern is if another rod lets go it's most likely gonna take out the girdle with it. I'm just gonna save my money until I build a full motor. For now a used forged rod block will do and I'll take it easy on it.
Lol right

Latest posts

Members online