KC tp38r... how about some OBS love!

KCTurbos

Reaction score
So. We have been quietly working on a turbo for a long time for the OBS guys. We get asked all the time why we don't offer any great OBS turbos so we spent the last year coming up with a great design. We are a couple weeks from releasing it after we get a little more data from testers.

We modeled it after our very successful KC38r turbo.
Rebuildable dual ball bearing
66mm billet 6x6 compressor wheel
76x70 high flow turbine wheel
Ported comp cover with anti-surge housing
1.0ar turbine housing
100% drop in

Here is a picture:
85AE3C25-C1F6-4FBE-94FA-23AB7E142B3A_zpso67e9mj9.png

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Right on! It definitely looks like a great option.

Just to confirm the turbine wheel that is in this is NOT the factory wheel but you are utilizing the factory exhaust housing, or is that changed also?

Radioflyer

Reaction score
That is a beauty! Nice job! I get call's from OBS guys all the time wanting to do the 38r until they hear about what it takes to convert it all over to an SD setup.

Swaan

Reaction score
Mmmmm
Looks alot like that could be a precision in disguise? ?

superpsd

Reaction score
As soon as you get the data I am ready for one. Been watching and waiting like a hawk.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Right on! It definitely looks like a great option.

Just to confirm the turbine wheel that is in this is NOT the factory wheel but you are utilizing the factory exhaust housing, or is that changed also?

As of right now it is very similar to a stock tp wheel which is larger and better flowing as compared to the superduty turbos. We have thoughts/plans to make a slightly larger turbo later down the road. We are thinking about modeling after the s468fmw. I might even copy the exact comp wheel and turbine wheel (obviously reverse rotation)... depending on how that project goes, all of our 7.3 turbos will be fitted with BW style turbine and compressor wheels.

superpsd

Reaction score
Is that a weld near the compressor outlet? Also I assume the polished version if available will cost more?

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I am not sure what area you are talking about... but no. No welds.

These will all come polished. The casting was just too ugly.

superpsd

Reaction score
Sorry is see it now it looked like a weld but it's just the polish shine was so clean the inlet is mirroring off of the outlet in the picture.

I and read you tested the KC38r with up to 250/200 hybrids. What kind of power levels and injector sizes have been tested with the TP38R? If you have that data that is.

brewer

Reaction score
So considering that the OBS is non-gated (and you only have up to a 1.0 AR for the SD's), what housing are you recommending for 200% nozzles on this version?

hucorey

Reaction score
200% nozzles are probably going to be a bit much.

If your intercooled with an e99 setup this is expected to run very well with 230/100's

I have been the one running the 250/200's in my SD since last October and have been very pleased with it and have sold quite a few. Has been running very well in the SD'S from stock to 250/100 injectors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
200% nozzles are probably going to be a bit much.

If your intercooled with an e99 setup this is expected to run very well with 230/100's

I have been the one running the 250/200's in my SD since last October and have been very pleased with it and have sold quite a few. Has been running very well in the SD'S from stock to 250/100 injectors.

What's the your max pw when under load and how heavy have you towed with those injectors? Thanks in advance for the info!

hucorey

Reaction score
What's the your max pw when under load and how heavy have you towed with those injectors? Thanks in advance for the info!
I don't know off hand. I've been so swamped in the shop I have no idea when I'll even have a chance to break out the AE and datalog. I don't tow heavy very often, and when I do, I'm sure I'll forget to grab the laptop. Lol.

Swaan

Reaction score
very interested to see how this will flow compared to T-4 up pipes and a S468. have you guys seen what size injector this holds up well to/ cleans up?

I'm sure it's prob not a bad turbo but it won't hold a candle to a S468. That's like comparing a s366 to a S468. It's still just a 66mm turbo and a ball bearing cartridge will do nothing for overall flow. But hey look at that it's so shiny!!

Latest posts

Members online