KC tp38r... how about some OBS love!

superpsd

Reaction score
It sounds like a good option for the smaller injector bolt on rigs. Some do not want to lay down the $$$$ for a T4 kit. The D66 was the only drop in option and not too many have been happy with the D66 performance. I will be trying one out once they are available. This turbo seems to be best compared to the 38R only quieter,rebuildable,and less backpreesure I have read. I hope they sell plenty of these and decide to take R&D further to design a larger drop in down the road. A good deal of people who were trying to make big power with the 7.3 have moved on and the future of the 7.3 market will likely be those who need more performance for daily driving and towing.

Last edited:

Swaan

Reaction score
I totally agree.
Great option for the bolt in crowd. And better then a d66.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments and feed back...

I think we got a little off track. But I agree this 66mm will not hold a candle to an s468... BUT>>> I think people were referring to the post i made about potentially modeling a bigger turbo after the s468, same comp/turbine wheel but just make it reverse rotation, thicker shaft, rebuildable dual BB, and cram it in a drop in charger... I would put that up against an s468. But that is a long ways out. We will see how this turbo pans out first.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Turbos are ready to go. We even have a few testers out there. Problem is that we don't have an intake filter adapter boot that works perfect yet... that is what is holding us up

jbolen323

Reaction score
great turbo and company, KC is local to me and have seen & heard great things about this turbo from people using them.

definitely the way to go unless you go above a 238/100 injector, and if you go that route you have a ton of other mods to be worried about in a obs anyway. Great unit to satisfy majority of the peoples needs.

Jomax

Reaction score
Turbos are ready to go. We even have a few testers out there. Problem is that we don't have an intake filter adapter boot that works perfect yet... that is what is holding us up

Do you have one for an Early 99 superduty yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
With your money? Buy a kit and mount a gtx4094r and be done.

My uncle, if the truck ever needs one, or he wants more power (200/30% hybrids). This seems like the best turbo for him.

Don't want a turbo kit, truck is going to CA, don't want issues with emissions. That would suck to have to take it off. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluedge8

Reaction score
I'm interested in results on this turbo, I have some other mods to do first but this would be right up my alley

davejr

Reaction score
I'm interested too if this has better feedback than the d66 style turbo I'd like one.That polished turbo would look nice on top of my engine if it works as good as it looks

sam99lightning

Reaction score
anything on these turbos yet and are they available? i have a 96 cclb with p.i.s 160/30 injectors 5" exhaust and riff raft 6637 filter kit. i feel like my stock turbo can't keep up.

superpsd

Reaction score
Just checked the website for you... No not out yet. Last I heard they were waiting on the intake elbows.

Bluke

Reaction score
I talked with Charlie last week about it. Still waiting on the intake elbow. They have a boot that works but you have to cut it down to fit. If your a smooth talker you maybe able to get one without the correct boot.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I talked with Charlie last week about it. Still waiting on the intake elbow. They have a boot that works but you have to cut it down to fit. If your a smooth talker you maybe able to get one without the correct boot.

^^^ very true

The boot has been a little tough on us. It has really set back the whole project. As of right now it is a "cut to fit" application and we don't like selling stuff like that. But we have had a few people insist. Everyone has been very happy. It is getting basically the same results as our KC38r turbo for the Superduty trucks.

Latest posts

Members online