lacking boost after WG and stud/gasket install

jgill

Reaction score
Alright, recently installed a few new goodies. Started with just simple deletes and H&S mini maxx, and recently had coolant issues and cracked up pipes. So i ordered studs and gaskets from rudys and a wastegate and downpipe from gabe at venom diesel, wastegate was outsourced to MPD and they put together a great kit. So now to the problem, lifted the cab to do install and everything came apart and went back together the exact same way with all new gaskets from ford. Dropped the cab and started the truck and no boost at all, figured it was the MAP sensor so i went and got one along with an IAT2 sensor to do while i was there. That helped but now im only seeing 14 pounds of boost at WOT and my EGT's are climbing at a ungodly rate of speed and the tuck stays hot. EBP is around 2 at idle and seems normal as throttle increases and all fuel pressure seems to be normal. Seems to me that im hearing LP turbo spool and HP turbo isnt spooling at all but i may be wrong. Gonna look tomorrow and see if turbo is spinning at all. Any insight on this would be great. And maybe a little direction on adjustment of wastegate. I appreciate all the help i can get.

jgill

Reaction score
VGT is plugged in all the way and functioning, when i start the truck the actuator moves forward and stays, i dont know if it is actuating when driving but i checked it when the truck was off and it moves freely and doesnt stick at all. Getting ready to dive back into it in a minute and see what i figure out. i will update in a bit.

jgill

Reaction score
EBP at WOT is i think 28, i live down a really curvy highway so its hard to watch the road and the H&S at the same time. And MrMike im not to sure how to set wastegate, Gabe from venom diesel told me to start at 2 1/2 turns clockwise and go from there, do i need to go clockwise some more or counter clockwise?

jgill

Reaction score
Also how would EBP affect HP turbo spooling, might be a dumb question but this truck has me so stressed im not thinking clearly. I can tell the truck is struggling for air, it sounds and runs great at idle and even right when i take off butjust a few seconds after take off it falls flat on its face and runs really rough, sounds kinda like an old NA 7.3. just trying to give all diag so everyone is informed correctly.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like your ebp sensor since it climbs with throttle. But it does sound like the gate is dumping off too much drive pressure. Try another half turn and see if the ebp goes up.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
What springs are in the gate? And put full boost to the top of the gate for now and then adjust it down

Latest posts

Members online