Lift info needed

Keanoknick

Reaction score
I've been very happy with my Fabtech 8" lift, it rides better than stock IMO, but I've never ridden in a truck with an Icon or PMF lift, so I can't compare.
Also, I don't have leafs in the front, so I'm sure that makes a big difference as well.

chappy

Reaction score
A coil sprung almost always will ride better then a leaf sprung so kinda apples to oranges but I get your point. And to the Op ,yes the icons are some heavy duty mofo's for hangers. That is an option down the road for you since if you get this kit you will have all the rest of the components already.
IVD-34099-A-400.jpg

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
A coil sprung almost always will ride better then a leaf sprung so kinda apples to oranges but I get your point. And to the Op ,yes the icons are some heavy duty mofo's for hangers. That is an option down the road for you since if you get this kit you will have all the rest of the components already.
IVD-34099-A-400.jpg

thats a good looking setup.

also sky manufacturing makes a 2.5" drop and i believe a 4" drop shackle and hanger kit for 99-04's

Betarocker

Reaction score
If you go with the Icon hanger kit, use the crash bar they offer. It beefs up the front, linking the left and right hangers together.

3-3050_4050__16801_zoom.jpg

Isaac3384

Reaction score
For now I'm just going to run the Fabtech 8", but with rear springs instead of blocks. I'll also upgrade the shocks before anything even gets installed. This truck rarely gets driven, so even if it rides like hammered dog sh!t, it won't matter too much for now.

Thanks for all your input/feedback, guys, it's greatly appreciated. If I end up going with the shorter spring and drop hangers, I'm going to have to get the crash bar mentioned above; just to be safe...I tend to over-build everything...lol

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I've seen people build drop hangers that have a piece of tubing that go from frame rail to frame rail with the hangers welded to the bottom of the tube. I've mostly seen this on huge mud trucks running Rockwell axles and 44"+ tires...they beat the crap out of their trucks and never have any issues...

Isaac3384

Reaction score
I completely agree...without it, there is alot more room (than stock) for unwanted lateral movement, which could lead to a really expensive 'whoopsie'...lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.