Lighting an old flame

crash86

Reaction score
I made a post on here years ago about a 750hp 6.0 build. Life got in the way yadda yadda, no excuses. Here we are. Trying to get this done before I get a family started, priorities right? The truck is a 2006 F250 FX4 that I bought back in high school. Deleted it right away and a few years later, ditched the stock vgt and installed an S364.5SXE. Been running it for years on stock head bolts with no issues (another reason this has been delayed). Fast forward to now. I have a spare engine I am going to build to swap into it. The goal isn't set in stone yet, but I do not want to have to tear back into it too far to add power later. So far the build list is as follows -

Block has had all machine work done and is bored .020" over
ICON aluminum heads (not the race ports as this truck will be streeted still)
KDD Stg 2 Cam, OEM lifters and Chromoly pushrods
225/100 RCD injectors
Thumper 2 hpop
Callies Ultra Assassin Rods
Turbo will stay the S364.5/68/.91 for now until the engine is "broke in" and all the kinks worked out
FASS 220
Strictly Diesel reg return
Odawg S2R intake
Banks intercooler, piping and intake horn
Stock Mahle pistons
Transmission is full billet Warren, should be capable of 1000+hp
RCD LPOP
No limit intake

At this point, I'm contemplating 625 studs. I have a set of 425s that have been torqued once but were never ran. At what point are billet rocker bridges a must?

This place used to be much more popular.. hoping to revive the army a bit. Any input is appreciated!

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I made a post on here years ago about a 750hp 6.0 build. Life got in the way yadda yadda, no excuses. Here we are. Trying to get this done before I get a family started, priorities right? The truck is a 2006 F250 FX4 that I bought back in high school. Deleted it right away and a few years later, ditched the stock vgt and installed an S364.5SXE. Been running it for years on stock head bolts with no issues (another reason this has been delayed). Fast forward to now. I have a spare engine I am going to build to swap into it. The goal isn't set in stone yet, but I do not want to have to tear back into it too far to add power later. So far the build list is as follows -

225/100 RCD injectors
Thumper 2 hpop
Turbo will stay the S364.5/68/.91 for now until the engine is "broke in" and all the kinks worked out
FASS 220
Odawg S2R intake
Stock Mahle pistons
RCD LPOP
No limit intake

At this point, I'm contemplating 625 studs. I have a set of 425s that have been torqued once but were never ran. At what point are billet rocker bridges a must?

This place used to be much more popular.. hoping to revive the army a bit. Any input is appreciated!

I would do 625s, have still seen issues with the 425s at higher boost levels, seems 625s and o rings, and it’ll hold 50-60psi for quite a long time. The billet rocker setup is more for rpm than power. If you’re gonna regularly see over 5k ,ala race truck, then get them. If you’re gonna keep it tuned to a reasonable rpm range, as most tuners will do, then you’ll be fine with stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

225/100 RCD injectors
Thumper 2 hpop
FASS 220
Odawg S2R intake
Stock Mahle pistons
RCD LPOP
No limit intake

Hell ya! Look forward on following your build.