LOPE on start up then death.

79jasper

Reaction score
I don't think the little bit left behind is gonna hurt.

You could start off with a synthetic blend oil, then go to full synthetic.

Just suck the oil out of the hpop reservoir.
That'll get most of it.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
Is there a specific procedure to swap in synthetic? im assuming there is 2-3 quarts in hpop res and heads that wont be drained. And im betting that you shouldn't mix dino/syn....

Yes.

Drain the oil.

Drain the filter.

Fill/Replace the filter.

Fill the crankcase.

Start it.

:poke:

excursionman

Reaction score
ooooo, me too

had the same problem with my excursion, 7.3l running....15w40. make the switch to the 5w40 synthetic and you will be fine. its that hole problem with the word ford coined, sticksion. on the injectors from the oil. the colder it gets the worse it gets. this winter in Wisconsin we hit -38 - -40. so cold that the first time it happed I went to unplug my truck and the plugin on the truck side broke off in my hand. :jawdrop: so I didn't get it fixed. lazy I guess but didn't have a problem starting either unless you count a lot of noise and smoke, this year because of the 5w40, the oil pickup just cant drag that molasses up out the pan and no oil means no run. once you have started it 2,3,4,5,6 times you have stretched the taffy enough that the oil can keep up with demand. just one of the problems of not having common rail. oh well I love my 7.3 and im sticken to it. you can duplicate this exact problem at 32 degrees if you are 4 qts. low on oil no matter what weight, don't ask me how I know, I know a guy, a completely mechanically inept guy :cursing: have fun and mod on guys

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I found that starting it on the high idle setting would keep it alive for a 10 seconds or so then I could drop it down to reg idle. IF I could get it to start. I did go ahead and swap to a synthetic last week, but I doubt we will see it cold enough again to make a difference...

Jomax

Reaction score
I like my AZ weather lol, it's a warm 55 in the early morning...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online