Mad turbo werks stage 4::: 700rwhp VGT turbo?

Adam A.

Reaction score
Im sure we will find out what it will do and hear how long it will last. From what I see he is pretty down to earth and an honest guy. I doubt he will sell a turbo that has a lot of failures. Good luck man this is looking very nice. Id like to see what the stage 3 and stage 4 will do on 205's to compare.

I too am interested in this. Especially at altitude where my daily driving is ~5300 ft, track is at 5800, and mountain passes exceed 8000. The results thus far are definitely impressive.

windrunner408

Reaction score
yes...the turbo's Adrian are making are putting out great numbers and that's awesome. but you're forgetting that there are other 68's out there that are within 20ish hp of MTW turbo numbers with 190's so I don't think this is necessarily "unprecedented" nomsayin? that being said....I'm definitely interested in seeing what the 70mm unit will do.

You are correct Lance. I was wrong to say "unprecedented" (at this time). I was referring to Briar's (kingranchstroker) results. Where his dyno results are 20hp greater than mine and his track times put him at over 40hp more than my dyno numbers and I have yet to hear of any other single turbo'd truck hitting over 600hp with 190s. I am not saying it has not happened but that I just havent heard of it is all. With more time and results we shall see what will become of these turbos for both performance potential and life expectancy.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
You are correct Lance. I was wrong to say "unprecedented" (at this time). I was referring to Briar's (kingranchstroker) results. Where his dyno results are 20hp greater than mine and his track times put him at over 40hp more than my dyno numbers and I have yet to hear of any other single turbo'd truck hitting over 600hp with 190s. I am not saying it has not happened but that I just havent heard of it is all. With more time and results we shall see what will become of these turbos for both performance potential and life expectancy.

I think we can all agree if that guys truck ran a 12.7 with a powermax...it's a freak haha. good on him though...i wish mine ran that hard with a pmax!

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I think we can all agree if that guys truck ran a 12.7 with a powermax...it's a freak haha. good on him though...i wish mine ran that hard with a pmax!

speedracer1000 has that turbo now with 190/75% and doesn't think it'll run any better than low 13s. He said it feels just about as strong as my truck and the best I've seen is 13.3. If we could get him talked into taking it to the track we could see what it actually runs on 2 different trucks.

MorganY

Reaction score
speedracer1000 has that turbo now with 190/75% and doesn't think it'll run any better than low 13s. He said it feels just about as strong as my truck and the best I've seen is 13.3. If we could get him talked into taking it to the track we could see what it actually runs on 2 different trucks.

You are correct. My 190/75s and a powermax ran a 13.35 spraying water methanol on a 50/50 mixture. 13.57 on fuel. On 36" tires and a 1.76 60 foot

TooMuch03

Reaction score

No kidding! Mine does 13.3s on fuel only. If mine ran 12.7s, I don't think I would even look for another turbo.

Obviously, there are some questions about large VGTs that have been asked for a while, like drive pressure, longevity, etc. I will stay tuned for that feedback

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
If you guys want to talk about Brair's truck then please take it over to the stage 3. This turbo is a stage 4 and has alot more power than stage 3.
I doubt I will make build anything stage pass this turbo. This turbo is the nastiest VGT turbo That I could build and hopefully will prove it. I keep in contact with Jonanthan to find out whats going on and updates. He has couple of Erics tunes and has tried both, but still needs to live tune to get it right. He told he bought new tires and rims for it 35" tires, so I asked him next to you compounds you had how's this turbo doing. He told me it actually lites off faster, in 2 wheel high, you can spin tires through 3 gears easy. He also told me that when is going down the street if he's on it he sees two black tire marks, if he gets off of it no tire marks if he hits it again black tire marks, at any speed. He said the tires are hazing, not fully loosing traction, but not 100% traction either. He still said that this turbo is cleaning his
285cc injectors much better than compound set he had.
I'm just relying what he told me, I asked about boost he said he as seen
60psi but that full wot throttle, when the truck is well over 100mph. He is driving this truck everyday, and said it very fun to drive, doesn't overheat and runs very smooth.
He's still trying to get to a dyno, Bill at php is where he wants to go so Bill can tweek on it alittle. Right now Bills dyno is not open, he has a truck on it doing a tranny. I told him whenever you get to it is fine, Jonanthan is a busy man so I'm not going to pressure it. He has plans for a truck pull, this weekend and told me he's going to use the stage 4 truck to tow his goose neck trailer with a truck and golf cart on it, 14,000 lbs. We will see how that goes, one thing I really like about Jonathan is that if a turbo can make it with him then, it will make it with anyone. I'll keep you guys posted.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
your avatar is fantastic lol

Thanks, kind of suits me for these crazy monsters I come up with.
Let me explain the differance between my large VGT turbos, that I think will make them last. Nate as gotten somewhere 3000-5000 miles on his no problem, altho everytime he calls me I ask him if the turbos alright.
I believe the failures with the large vgts of before is that the balance of force was not met. The center section is a balancing point between the compressor and the turbine, so if one puts too big of a compressor in and leaves turbine the same then there is constant forces being applied between the two, I don't mean out of balance force, I mean the force of the compressor making air vs the turbine driving the compressor. So if one equals the forces by matching the size of compressor wheel by the size of the turbine wheel then the forces are now balanced in the bearings and less chance of blowing apart. I hope that makes sense, and that what is differernt between the turbos I build vs the old big vgts that failed. Thanks Adrian

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
whats with all the 13 sec trucks with injectors and turbos? am i the only one running these times with a stock injector stock turbo truck? hell i ran 13.60s @ 98 tonight full weight, factory 18s in 80* air.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
whats with all the 13 sec trucks with injectors and turbos? am i the only one running these times with a stock injector stock turbo truck? hell i ran 13.60s @ 98 tonight full weight, factory 18s in 80* air.

definitely not unheard of some trucks just run better than others. on average a stock injector/turbo 6.0 will run low 14s

BlueWaffle

Reaction score

pretty normal for standard cab short bed. and there's a pretty big power difference needed to get from 13.6 to 13.2

madpowerstroke

Reaction score

Who's talking about 13 sec. I was talking a 700 rwhp, at that speed you are pulling about 460rwhp. That is nice, most of the trucks that have injectors and turbos on them have a very hard time to hook up, and their et's aren't that good. I'm staying with stage 4 topic on here, and I will have dyno backed up by track. If the truck can make over 700rwhp, the et will be very low 12's.
You that one thing I would like to stop, I don't understand sercet combinations, I believe if you have a good combo tell other to improve 6.0 powerstrokes as a whole. I have done alot of developing on these turbos, and I know for a fact that if you change out the stock turbo for a stage 1, and change nothing else it will make 40-50 rwhp. That's not bad for just a change of a turbo only and cost less than a rebuilt turbo.
I came along to help the 6.0 powerstrokes communtity, and I have been very lucky to have made some turbos that make a differance, and no my turbos are not the best, there are others that make really good turbos.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
pretty normal for standard cab short bed. and there's a pretty big power difference needed to get from 13.6 to 13.2

my trucks not a regular cab its an extended cab. check my sig i ran 13.35 @ 100 earlier this year with smaller wheels and tires and an 03 turbo.
the truck was about 100lbs heavier last night and running a stock 06 turbo in the heat.

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
You that one thing I would like to stop, I don't understand sercet combinations, I believe if you have a good combo tell other to improve 6.0 powerstrokes as a whole. I have done alot of developing on these turbos, and I know for a fact that if you change out the stock turbo for a stage 1, and change nothing else it will make 40-50 rwhp. That's not bad for just a change of a turbo only and cost less than a rebuilt turbo.
I came along to help the 6.0 powerstrokes communtity, and I have been very lucky to have made some turbos that make a differance, and no my turbos are not the best, there are others that make really good turbos.

my setup is not a secret so i dont know why you want to stop me? i have studs, a blocked off stock egr cooler, mbrp turbo back, blue spring fuel pressure kit, i run vxcf4 strategy & amz2al12 ficm cal. race weight 7100lbs last night. i run innovatives extreme race tune up. the key to keeping these trucks running fast is having good injectors, good fuel pressure and good ICP.

Latest posts

Members online