Mad turbo werks stage 4::: 700rwhp VGT turbo?

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
I ran a 13.48 @ 99.5 back in early 07.. 2006 F350 CrewCab 4x4 18's Stock Injectors,Stock 03 Turbo and an x race 8,100 race weight...

RedSmokey

Reaction score
my setup is not a secret so i dont know why you want to stop me? i have studs, a blocked off stock egr cooler, mbrp turbo back, blue spring fuel pressure kit, i run vxcf4 strategy & amz2al12 ficm cal. race weight 7100lbs last night. i run innovatives extreme race tune up. the key to keeping these trucks running fast is having good injectors, good fuel pressure and good ICP.

Mayhem%20cool%20story%20bro.jpg

Topic of this thread is his Stage 4 turbo, not what your stock setup can run... Probably why he wants to "stop you", and I don't think he was referring to you when he was talking about secret setups

SICKS LITER

Reaction score
i apologize for my off topic posts i just read a couple posts about trucks with 190s and the poster saying they were running 13s, just seems really far off to me. no disrespect to mad turbo werks

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
i apologize for my off topic posts i just read a couple posts about trucks with 190s and the poster saying they were running 13s, just seems really far off to me. no disrespect to mad turbo werks

No problem, I was talking about you keeping sercets either it was a general, thing that I have noticed. One thing I have learned that the faster you want to go in the 1/4 mile when you hit a certain point say 13.0 flat for the 6.0 powerstroke then you need alot more horsepower than before to get those numbers down. Like 50 rwhp just to drop .2 off the ets and than so on. Your truck is a really runner and I'm glad for you. I love to see any 6.0 powerstroke with respectable numbers. You are right 190 and a turbo should be hitting low 13(13.3-13.0), if not then tweeks should be in order to get them there. supension, traction, engine ect.............

FX4 F2-Fifty

Reaction score
No problem, I was talking about you keeping sercets either it was a general, thing that I have noticed. One thing I have learned that the faster you want to go in the 1/4 mile when you hit a certain point say 13.0 flat for the 6.0 powerstroke then you need alot more horsepower than before to get those numbers down. Like 50 rwhp just to drop .2 off the ets and than so on. Your truck is a really runner and I'm glad for you. I love to see any 6.0 powerstroke with respectable numbers. You are right 190 and a turbo should be hitting low 13(13.3-13.0), if not then tweeks should be in order to get them there. supension, traction, engine ect.............

Not just the 6.0's, all trucks face this problem. Power/Weight. As of fairly recently 500hp is fairly easy to attain from a 6 leaker (your turbos have helped as well). But it seems as of now that its much more costly to push the envelope further... say 600-700+. Its just "easier" to reach the HP goals with other platforms so to speak and our trucks are naturally heavier as well.

This is just the way i see it. But i am waiting to see what kind of numbers these turbos put out (Hp,Bp,Temps, and longevity). And to be honest, i was VERY skeptical of your claims at first. You came off very arrogant and seemed as if you were trying things that had already been done with fairly poor results. But it does seem that you have calmed down and are putting out products that people are very happy with. Your turbos are also putting out very respectable numbers. Put out over 700hp with a single VGT that is streetable and reliable, and THEY WILL SELL.

With that said, nitrous is a hell of a drug. LOL

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
This is just the way i see it. But i am waiting to see what kind of numbers these turbos put out (Hp,Bp,Temps, and longevity). And to be honest, i was VERY skeptical of your claims at first. You came off very arrogant and seemed as if you were trying things that had already been done with fairly poor results. But it does seem that you have calmed down and are putting out products that people are very happy with. Your turbos are also putting out very respectable numbers. Put out over 700hp with a single VGT that is streetable and reliable, and THEY WILL SELL.

Thank you, and I absolutely agree with you, I wish I could have taken all the stuff I said in the past back, I have been very ashamed in the way I handled the whole thing and I do apologize to you. the members and vendors for that. I thought I was being attacked but when I clam down, I realized I was just being asked to show proof, instead I went off deep end. I do not want to be know as arrogant, or anything like that. I had an idea and tried it and it has been working, it's that simple. I do not claim to be smarter or skilled at building turbos than anyone else or other verdors. Time will tell if all these ideas I have had work for long time, if they do great, if not I have to deal with it and make it right. I have done a lot of reashearch on turbo building and yes I use alittle of what I learned as a jet mechanic, so with all that combine the chances of it working out are better for me.
I actually think with right combination that the stage 3 can hit the 700rwhp, not on 190/100 but bigger injectors and supporting mods.
Thanks to the membership and vendors for giving me a chance, and make my wrongs turn into rights.

Last edited by a moderator:

05wh250

Reaction score

Thank you, and I absolutely agree with you, I wish I could have taken all the stuff I said in the past back, I have been very ashamed in the way I handled the whole thing and I do apologize to you. the members and vendors for that. I thought I was being attacked but when I clam down, I realized I was just being asked to show proof, instead I went off deep end. I do not want to be know as arrogant, or anything like that. I had an idea and tried it and it has been working, it's that simple. I do not claim to be smarter or skilled at building turbos than anyone else or other verdors. Time will tell if all these ideas I have had work for long time, if they do great, if not I have to deal with it and make it right. I have done a lot of reashearch on turbo building and yes I use alittle of what I learned as a jet mechanic, so with all that combine the chances of it working out are better for me.
I actually think with right combination that the stage 3 can hit the 700rwhp, not on 190/100 but bigger injectors and supporting mods.
Thanks to the membership and vendors for giving me a chance, and make my wrongs turn into rights.[/QUOTE]

:thumbup: this is what i like to see. Class act man! Looking forward to what else you have to contribute to the community and also to trying your stage 3 in the future:lookaround:

imelmo

Reaction score
Thank you, and I absolutely agree with you, I wish I could have taken all the stuff I said in the past back, I have been very ashamed in the way I handled the whole thing and I do apologize to you. the members and vendors for that. I thought I was being attacked but when I clam down, I realized I was just being asked to show proof, instead I went off deep end. I do not want to be know as arrogant, or anything like that. I had an idea and tried it and it has been working, it's that simple. I do not claim to be smarter or skilled at building turbos than anyone else or other verdors. Time will tell if all these ideas I have had work for long time, if they do great, if not I have to deal with it and make it right.

:clapping:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Thanks to the membership and vendors for giving me a chance, and make my wrongs turn into rights.

Right on. I think the new venture was the single best move you could make to get yourself out there and in the open. Im excited to see how these turbo's like a unproven and performance lacking apex manifold :D LOL

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
So what size injectors are you thinking for your single turbo to hit 700hp. I can't wait for you to tell everyone what the egts are and how long these trucks can take the abuse of a high back pressure high egt unti. Not hating. Just sceptical that a vgt will have good numbers all around, in regards to heat, back pressure etc. Its a proven fact that dropping that back pressure with non vgts are helping to save head gaskets. Like I said not hating. Just looking forward to what you find. Nice work by the way with your stage 3

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
So what size injectors are you thinking for your single turbo to hit 700hp. I can't wait for you to tell everyone what the egts are and how long these trucks can take the abuse of a high back pressure high egt unti. Not hating. Just sceptical that a vgt will have good numbers all around, in regards to heat, back pressure etc. Its a proven fact that dropping that back pressure with non vgts are helping to save head gaskets. Like I said not hating. Just looking forward to what you find. Nice work by the way with your stage 3

Hey no problem I know you're not hating, just questions. The injectors on Jonathan's truck are 285cc, and the heads have been worked, even the fuel passages have been sized up. He told me that this turbo cleans his 285cc better than his compounds used to. I know he was well over 700rwhp with the compounds so that's my reasoning among other for 700rwhp out of this turbo. I asked about egt's but he told me his gage is out and needs new one and is getting one.
He knows diesels very well and has the lastest and greatest in computer factory software, I will see if he can hook the computer up and check backpressure, and egt, on this turbo. I built the turbo for him and I'm waiting like everone else to see what happens. I really don't expect the backpressure to be that high, the turbo is running a 10 blade gt 40 turbine wheel and is much bigger than the powermax wheel. Also I have done some other things to help reduce backpressure. Has far as blowing his heads he is running factory oem ford gaskets with arp studs that's it nothing special, not o-ring, fire ring, special head gaskets or anything. Now I can only go by what he tells me, he as told me a WOT he as seen 55-60psi of boost, and does it offen(every day). Jonathan doesn't care about blowning the engine, tranny, turbo, or anything else on this truck or any other truck he owns, the guy has more than a couple other trucks that are over the 1200rwhp numbers, and is not afraid to pound the crap out of his stuff. Good tester, if it last with him should last with anyone else. I have heard alot about you by the way, and some of your projects in the past, I want to also congrat you on your work.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
As far as Jonathan's truck he dyno'ed it last week, best he got was 600rwhp.
The truck wasn't running right, took it back to shop and found #5 piston cracked, heads where also cracked, still hit 600rwhp. I talked to him today, he said he replaced all the pistons, and has new heads ready to go on. Told me he forgot he had low compression pistons in it from when he had compounds and sprayed nitrous. He will have truck done in next two days and he going to have it live tuned somewhere. Looks like I have to wait just alittle longer to get the numbers.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
The only update I have so far is truck has been back together for about 2 weeks and he has put 500miles on it. He is running stock tune, he was fooling around with one of his employee runing his 6.4 with about 600 rwhp. He said that he was pushing the 6.4 from behind and that he couldn't get away from him. He's running stock factory tune, he didn't want to put a race tune on it and maybe hurt engine again. He wants a live tune and is trying to set one up, should be this week I hope and so does he. I know this truck should make so monster power on fuel only so I hope. I'm a little beat up and starting to doubt things since the problems I have been having. Making power is a pain in the ass, and frustrating, just when you think you got it, it doesn't work for some reason or another.

stonepusher

Reaction score
Awesome! I haven't been keeping up much with the turbos as I have been working a lot, are you having issues with the turbos?

windrunner408

Reaction score
He's not really having issues with the turbos. It's just the fact that the tuning is taking longer than he would like to be developed so it is tailored for each turbo he makes. These trucks really seem to take on a personality of their own once you start deviating from the stock injectors and stock turbo.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
The only update I have so far is truck has been back together for about 2 weeks and he has put 500miles on it. He is running stock tune, he was fooling around with one of his employee runing his 6.4 with about 600 rwhp. He said that he was pushing the 6.4 from behind and that he couldn't get away from him. He's running stock factory tune, he didn't want to put a race tune on it and maybe hurt engine again. He wants a live tune and is trying to set one up, should be this week I hope and so does he. I know this truck should make so monster power on fuel only so I hope. I'm a little beat up and starting to doubt things since the problems I have been having. Making power is a pain in the ass, and frustrating, just when you think you got it, it doesn't work for some reason or another.

Maybe I missed it but what problems are you having?? Feel free to PM me if you want. I don't mind lending a hand to see you get going

Latest posts

Members online