Making the best motor.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
A cheaper truckk hmmmm before we start. I dont know if you know this. My dad who works a baker hughes, and who has a high position job. Offered to buy me a brand new 6.4l at the time, But you know what i wanted his 7.3l. So guess what I did? I worked for him, until I paid it off every performance part that I ever done to it was paid by me. Not my parents the only thing they have ever helped me with was with parts that were worn becuase of age. My dad doesnt buy my chit your 18 and your on this site 24/7. So I know good well you sit on ur a$$. I'm 18 as well and I work for everything. And if I really really wanted a new truck I could get one. Put your truck together and then come talk to me. All you have is your keyboard.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
A cheaper truckk hmmmm before we start. I dont know if you know this. My dad who works a baker hughes, and who has a high position job. Offered to buy me a brand new 6.4l at the time, But you know what i wanted his 7.3l. So guess what I did? I worked for him, until I paid it off every performance part that I ever done to it was paid by me. Not my parents the only thing they have ever helped me with was with parts that were worn becuase of age. My dad doesnt buy my chit your 18 and your on this site 24/7. So I know good well you sit on ur a$$. I'm 18 as well and I work for everything. And if I really really wanted a new truck I could get one. Put your truck together and then come talk to me. All you have is your keyboard.

I bought mine paid for mine on this site 24/7 because I have a droid x . I wish my mom woukd by my stuff and yea I sit on my ass quite a bit own my own business so when I need money ill go make some dont be jealous causei dont have to work formy daddy all the time. Tard. If theres one person on this site that gives me a laugh its you LOL

blackbetty13

Reaction score
I dont work for my dad i said i worked (that my friend is past tense). An 18 year old with his own business really whats it called? pshhhh you aint got chit on me put a truck together and come talk to me.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
I'm on this site all day at work, I run the family business also! Some of us just have easy going jobs haha

Smut, what are you gonna do internally to the motor and are you gonna wrench it yourself or send it to a shop. You're in Georgia right? I wonder what Rudys would charge to build one for you. It would take a lot of headaches and guess work out of it cause a 6.0 can be a lot of them unless you're experienced.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
O here we go another bash smut thread... Smut why do you plan on putting the newer motor in ur truck? Is there something wrong with ur motor now?

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
O god another bash smut thread... Smut maybe i missed it but is there anything wrong with your current engine? Just seems like a lot of money to buy a new one and build that..

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I dont like the 04 and did some math 07 w 50k vs 04 w 130k I now have all my cores and spare parts needed.

If you wanna bash me idc but keep it in awol

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
The last Smut bashing thread in AWOL was locked down. Disappointing since it was getting good. Anyways, Will your electronics all hook up from the 04' or will all that have to be changed over? One thing I would look into if I were changing out engines was moving the FICM off the engine, possibly using a harness from an E-series. What kinda power are you looking to put down after the swap?

09stroker

Reaction score
I dont like the 04 and did some math 07 w 50k vs 04 w 130k I now have all my cores and spare parts needed.

If you wanna bash me idc but keep it in awol

Why don't you like the "04" engine? In regards to the miles, you could have just put new bearings and rings for way less. Assuming cylinder walls were still within spec. I would have done that if it's going to be a "built motor" anyways.

But I guess I hear ya on the spare parts deal.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Im having to with hold info on the 04 for now. Thats all I will comment aboit that for now. Why relocate ficm? Because of heat?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you were in the samn position as me you would all have bought a.mew motor and jad the.benefits of.cores for less downtime. Thats my biggest factor in my decion was.spare parts and good cores for minaal downtime.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
The heat and vibration from the engine is what kills the FICM's. I just ordered a new 58v unit from Quick tricks auto. I have been looking for a cheap E-series harness so I can relocate my FICM. It was just a thought for you.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If I was in your position I would have bought a Cummins

your smarter than me also :thumbup:

The heat and vibration from the engine is what kills the FICM's. I just ordered a new 58v unit from Quick tricks auto. I have been looking for a cheap E-series harness so I can relocate my FICM. It was just a thought for you.

I have heard this and never thought it to be true i guess. well not exactly true. but idk ill look into relocating. you need a harness? i can probably get you one.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.