Making the best motor.

MUDSTROKIN'

Reaction score
turbos

03 - 10 vane

04 - 13 vane

05-07 15 vane

Not 100% positive on this but i'm pretty sure. The only thing it does is change the sound, no extra performance.

Good luck with the build, looking forward to seeing pics.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Its not a 10 vane 03
The 04's still made a good whistle compared to the 05-07 turbo's. The 03's were the kings of noise but the 04's still sound good. A guy I know around here has a 04 with a straight piped 4" exhaust and it sounds like a jet.

fordboy11

Reaction score
turbos

03 - 10 vane

04 - 13 vane

05-07 15 vane

Not 100% positive on this but i'm pretty sure. The only thing it does is change the sound, no extra performance.

IIRC The 03 turbos can handle a little more power and are a better turbo than the 05-07. This is what i collected over the years.

Good luck on the build Smut. I'm in the same boat i have a spare 05 sitting in the back of my old truck looking to build a puller. But look what mines done for the past 4 month's sit there and look pertty haha.

But, YOU GOTTA PAY TO PLAY SONN..

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
The 04's still made a good whistle compared to the 05-07 turbo's. The 03's were the kings of noise but the 04's still sound good. A guy I know around here has a 04 with a straight piped 4" exhaust and it sounds like a jet.

ive got an 04 and an 03. the 04 sucks compared to the way my 03 sounded. just gotta put the 03 turbo on the 04 one of these years.

Garrett

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Yeah, the 03's do sound the BEST, but when you compare my truck (an 06') to an 04' you can definitely hear the 04' whistle more.
Smut, why not go ahead and put a PowerMax on it? Whats another $1300 when your already this deep? HAHAHA What are your plans for mods? Is the new engine studded? If so, does it have the reusable ARP's.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Smut, why not go ahead and put a PowerMax on it? Whats another $1300 when your already this deep? HAHAHA What are your plans for mods? Is the new engine studded? If so, does it have the reusable ARP's.

Going wayy bigger than a powermax. So that would be wasted money.

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
I really hope you get this done smut that way its not another big hp motor thread that no progress ever seems to be made on.

But I do have to add one more option to the list, Engine not bolted to stand properly and smut ends up with crushed foot

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I really hope you get this done smut that way its not another big hp motor thread that no progress ever seems to be made on.

But I do have to add one more option to the list, Engine not bolted to stand properly and smut ends up with crushed foot

Where did you get this from? This thread is about making the best 6.0l engine.

Goose

Reaction score
Pics will be up loaded tonight

Good deal

LOL Thats funny.

Speaking of... Smut, what kind of stand are you using?

Latest posts

Members online