Mini Maxx Problem

Reaction score
I went to install my mini maxx last night and it wont initalize communications with my truck. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
is the mini max new?

if its used was it returned back to stock on the previous truck?

did you make sure to update it to the latest and greatest update for your truck?

Reaction score
Brand new the tuner was made on 10/25/12 have a hard time thinking its software. Truck previously had sct live wire I triple checked the truck was returned to stock.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
H&S updates a LOT. i would just plug it into your computer and download the newest update. thats what usually happened everytime i install an H&S product

Reaction score
Per H&S it should be updated they dont think its necessary to. But apparently the key supply wire has to be hooked up the instructions say its optional thats what they say the problem is.

Reaction score
Im going to make sure its updated tho. It just sucks having a $1000 paper weight.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I just updated to the newest tune this morning and the truck is running much better. I think its 6.4.39. The injector "rattle" is gone and feels smoother. Also played with low boost a little. Had it on 2 and went for a drive and it was pretty Smokey, dropped it down to 0 and the difference was crazy. Just a haze off idle and then virtually clean unless I went wide open.
I think maybe updating your card could possibly fix the problem. Worth a shot anyway

sent from the sea

Reaction score
Thanks for the input ill run home and grab the laptop and card and give it a shot. If you dont mind me asking what trans setting are you running and what tunes? What gauges are you running? Im stuck coming from a live wire with 6 guages down to 4.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I set it on TC lock 4th 5th and high shift points. First time I've been able to select a trans file. Going to put a 1000 miles or so on it and try something different.

sent from the sea

Reaction score
H&S diagnosed it as either the obd2 block and or hdmi cable. I wont see them till monday or tuesday. So my trucks down till then. Im pretty disappointed in this whole experience, it would of been nice to have them next day aired to limit the down time but i guess not. Im seriously debating returning it and sticking with my live wire and getting custom tunes. I dont think i will recommend them in the future for anything.

Reaction score
No when you spend the kind of money for these products you would assume things will work without a hitch. This isnt an ebay special half off electronic. Its suppose to be top of the line one of the best your money can buy in the industry. I dont think im being to out of line or impatient. The 2 gentleman I spoke to this morning treated me like i knew nothing and didnt give me any piece of mind in my investment. I guess thats the part thats hard to swallow.

Reaction score
I really wanna give H&S a chance. I work hard for my money and it doesnt always come easy. I may come across like im over reacting, that is not my intention. As a side note the next option is a new SCT touch screen with idp tunes. I just dont like the live wire its big and bulky but its very practical.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
weird thing is-H&S tech is usually very nice and helpful. and does all they can. Id just give it a chance- the MCC stuff is going to be very cool soon.

although the custom tuning with SCT is great. Im running a livewire with custom stuff, and a dashdaq for a monitor cause the livewire is so bulky

Reaction score
They did what they could for being over the phone it was just the tone and the fact im not reassured thats whats wrong with it they didnt sound sure their solution is the actual fix. Ill keep the sct just in case. Thanks Eric for your help and words of wisdom

Reaction score
I will when i get home from work tonight. The first gentleman i spoke to this morning reassured me it had nothing to do with an update. That since it was manufactured on 10/25/12 it would have the latest software loaded on the sd card. The thing is they didnt even ask me to check to confirm it tho.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.