Mini Maxx Problem

Reaction score
I would hope my pump is not weak truck just turned 61k im the second owner maintenance records were recorded in the owners manual it was well taken care. It holds RP at WOT it drops but picks back up.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I would hope my pump is not weak truck just turned 61k im the second owner maintenance records were recorded in the owners manual it was well taken care. It holds RP at WOT it drops but picks back up.

i'm not saying it is, just that its what happens when it does. Yours reads the same as my 190k pump reads.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Are the mini maxxs that finiky? To date i have never had a problem with my sct loading for over a year. I was thinking about the battery charger idea while i was driving away looking at my truck. I confirmed to the best of my knowledge its up to date as far as tuning goes. I will take H&S tech support advice and hook up the key on power wire they recommend to tie into the purple wire thats in the same bundle of wires that the pto wire is in is this the best place? Ill hook my battery charger up to it and give it a shot. My dealer just did a once over on it about a month ago when it went in for warranty on a fuel leak, the batteries tested within ford spec but im willing to try anything at the moment. I was really hoping to be able to do my fuel filters tonight, this weekend its suppose to snow. Worst case its the obd2 block and the new one comes in on monday.

My experience has been the exact opposite...I had more issues than I can count with my SCT. Switched to the H&S about 1 yr ago and have never had one problem since.
It may have been said already, but H&S does recommend programming on a warmed up engine due to possible low battery.

B585Ford

Reaction score
You know if it shows desired ? That would say a lot.

The exact numbers may differ a little depending on what version you are running, but when I checked the desired RP (via MCC) at idle, the lowest number is 5077 on version .39 on the MM.

B585Ford

Reaction score
i'm not saying it is, just that its what happens when it does. Yours reads the same as my 190k pump reads.

I figured the signs of a weak pump would be not maintaining RP at WOT. IDK and that is why I am asking, but I would think that if the pump is so weak it is not able to get to the desired RP at idle, the truck wouldn't hardly run. Of course, I am not familiar with the feedback mechanism that allows the pump to determine how much fuel it will send. Does anyone know the specifics as to how the pump determines how much fuel it will send?

Reaction score
Im used to the SCT numbers i believe that is desired RP and and the mini maxx is actual at any rate its only about 200 to 300 psi difference it holds 24.5 to 25 on wot so im not worried.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.