missing 6.0 litre

strok'n

Reaction score
i haven't yet checked fuel pressure. i would think that if it was a fuel issue it would be burbling on more than one cylinder.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
throwing out ideas, I only say because we have had some trucks come in before with misfire and come to find low fuel psi, would cause a rough idle. doesn't really explain the smoke at idle though.

strok'n

Reaction score
yeah i appreciate the idea for sure. i just find it really odd. what is desired fuel pressure at idle do you know?

strok'n

Reaction score
Okay. I still don't think that it would be fuel pressure but I can always check. How do I check the fuel pressure is there a shader valve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Sounds like the injector harness. Make sure the insulation isn't coming off the wires. The FICM will shut down an injector circuit when it detects too much load or too many shorts on that circuit.

Wayne

Reaction score
you could very easily have a harness/connector problem where the connection opens up as heat is introduced. Ohm out the #2 injector harness to the FICM & check for loose/ spread pin sockets on the harness. I don't think a whole new harness is all that expensive, especially in comparison to what you've spent. It might be worth it at this point to just put a new harness on, especially considering all the other components you've validated.

strok'n

Reaction score
thanks for the good wishes. i just peeled back the loom connecting to the injector and found some bare wire wrapped around the 4 existing wires i was wondering if this is normal. also is there ever any problems with it?

strok'n

Reaction score
so an update. i took the wiring harness off for the injectors and did a pin out test. the good news is all the wires are fine. the bad news is i still dont know what the problem is.

Wayne

Reaction score
It will pass the pin-out test because it works every time you first start it. Finding the problem only when it heats up is the real nightmare. You have to test it while it's bad or be able to replicate the problem. That's why I'm saying it might make more sense to buy the harness unless you have a good way to test inside the connector. did you ohm test the wires? are you certain the pin sockets have a tight grip on the pins in the ficm and injector end? The metal wrap is normal to control electrical noise/interference.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Load test your harness with headlight. That will load the circuit and if something is wrong with it you will know quickly. Thats how we do it at work.

strok'n

Reaction score
i did the ohm test and they were all good. i dont think that it starts to miss when they get warm because i can turn it off and then back on and the miss smooths out. i was thinking that it might be the harness thats going to the ficm under the air box. i noticed when i first got the truck that there were some wires that had rubbed through on the air filter housing. i fixed the wires that i saw but didnt go into further investigation.

psdguy95

Reaction score
Load testing works better then ohm testing. I've seen wires that ohm out good but when load tested showed resistance. Replaced wires and problem solved. That will at least rule out your harness.

strok'n

Reaction score
how can i load test the wires to get the best result? i have them off of the truck right now on the bench.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
whos injectors did you say you have? where did the ficm come from?

strok'n

Reaction score
The ficm is right from ford. A full case not a half. And they are b and d injectors I forget where from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.