MPD injectors 180 with 75% with powermax

amarillo250

Reaction score
Hi everybody, just want to write a little review on my set-up.
Here the facts, 06 ccsb, with powermax and 180-75% and IDP rewritten tunes, right now running the Xstreet and I must say, It's getting hot in here.
My temps from 60mph to 110mph are above 1300 and peak at 1450, there I lifted the pedal. The turbo makes at that point 28psi and the truck still wants to pull more, feels real strong.
There is some smoke and it is not bad, just a haze. The injectors are fueling like hell, when I take of from a dead stop until the turbo lights up to 8-10psi there is a black cloud behind me.
I get the feeling the injectors are a bit bigger then 180's, I have seen you guys running 190's with powermax and floor it, the smoke you have is nothing compared to what I have, if I take off with out putting it to the floor just 3\4 the smoke is crazy. I'll try to get a video up soon. The temps from stop to 60mph never below 1300 and up, soon as the turbo hits 8psi it clears up.
Whats your thoughts on it.

fordboy11

Reaction score
Talk to Eric and he can tweak your tuning. Also 1300-1450 still isn't all that hot. I've pegged my 1600 gauge many many times.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I agree, that doesn't sound hot at all for the sticks/turbo you're running...

I'm sure Eric can pull some fuel if you're unhappy with it.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Those temps n amount of smoke are retarded.... You shouldn't see anything over 1300 from 0-100.... Shouldn't be that smoky on the bottom end either.... Call Eric n have him modify it or call a diff tuner

sent from my mf'n droid

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Those temps n amount of smoke are retarded.... You shouldn't see anything over 1300 from 0-100.... Shouldn't be that smoky on the bottom end either.... Call Eric n have him modify it or call a diff tuner

sent from my mf'n droid

1300 degrees? With stock injectors I can hit 1500.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
1300 degrees to the floor is not high at all. That's pretty efficient to me. Of course when the turbo is trying to spool there is going to be a lot of smoke. What elevation are you at. That plays a huge factor also

Sent from my Nexus powered by East Coast Air

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
1300 for a short period of time but I'm damn sure not taking my engine past that because its not necessary

sent from my mf'n droid

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
If you are full throttle its going to happen. I'm not saying to drive with it that high for a super long amt of time.

Sent from my Nexus powered by East Coast Air

Dustball8504

Reaction score
1300 for a short period of time but I'm damn sure not taking my engine past that because its not necessary

sent from my mf'n droid

Who pi**ed in your wheaties?! LOL

To the OP, for a short burst that isn't high at all. I could hit 1600 on a 1/4 mile run in my 04 with stock sticks and with detuned 225s/Powermax I could hit over 1600 right before the 1/8 mile which was under 100mph.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
I don't ever push mine that far, lol its a pos n I just want it to stay in one piece..... I will hold it al 1300* pulling hills loaded, otherwise I try to keep it as cool as possible..... It's no drag champ and never will be

sent from my mf'n droid

amarillo250

Reaction score
just to clear things up, it was not full throttle, just 3/4 and my elevation is maybe 50ft. above sea level. LOL
1300 was not even the end of it on my way home today, ca.45min. ago I run from 60mph. to 95mph. on an flatt strech at 1650rpm's and 4psi. of boost put ca. half, 1/2, throttle in it and I let go of it at 1400+
These Injectors have lots of fuel in them. Not bitching here, dont get me wrong!!!!!!
Just looking to make it work for my needs and tow safe my camper.
The truck pulls real strong and it feels like there is way more in it, I'm just to scared to push it to the limit, maybe.

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Put a proper twin setup on there like ellerton had on his tow dually there Frank :)

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
this really just sounds like a tuning issue. you should be telling all this stuff to Eric so he can get it dialed in for you.

youngstroker

Reaction score
A little bit of how a turbo spools it is not just moveing exhaust gases that spools a turbo it is hot expanding exhaust gas that spools a turbo so when u sit at a street light and the truck cools down a bit then u punch it it will take the turbo a few seconds to really heat up and spool up then if you just got done hammering on it. The longer it takes the turbo to light the more it is going to smoke.

amarillo250

Reaction score
Been talking with Eric for the last couple of days to fix some issues with my FICM I got from Mike at KEM, I must say that guy is always there when needed.
My truck was running so good and strong, until I swaped FICM.
The truck was making low 13's and there was more but I was scared and lifted.
These injectors are special and I spoke with Craig from MPD, he gave up the secret for the injectors, it is a little pocket they build in there full with east cost air LOL LOL

Latest posts

Members online