MTW stage 4::::MTW stage 3

TooMuch03

Reaction score
My 05 CCSB with an ARE topper on it (approx 125 lbs) tipped the scales at 8180 lbs. That's with a full tank of fuel and my little azz sitting in the driver seat.

03-04s are usually a few hundred pounds lighter. A little less frame, and a lighter leaf spring front suspension. My 03 with 3/8 tank and me in it is 7400. Obvioulsy a crew cab would normally be 200-300 lbs more.

Snake

Reaction score
Agree that the 03-04's weigh less. The truck making the passes on this set up is an 05.

strokin6L

Reaction score
03-04s are usually a few hundred pounds lighter. A little less frame, and a lighter leaf spring front suspension. My 03 with 3/8 tank and me in it is 7400. Obvioulsy a crew cab would normally be 200-300 lbs more.

Yeah, my '04 supercab short box weighed in at around 7200lbs with me and 1/4 tank of fuel.

Reaction score
Well I'm gonna try to get some vids tonight of some 60-100 mph pulls and how fast the stage 3 picks up with 190s. I was just driving about an hr away for dinner with my girl and was seeing egts as follows: 55mph 600-625* , 65mph 700-725 , and 80mph 800* on the dot. All of this was on flat ground with outside air temps @ 92* very high humidity. I will be keepin yal updated as best as possible:rockon:

strokin6L

Reaction score
That's friggin awesome Briar. I'd like to upgrade to the stage 3 once the time comes but Adrian thinks that my 190/75's might be too small for it. They definitly wont fuel like the 100% nozzles you have, but i think that it'll still run good and cool. Keeping it cool while making good power is what i want.

Reaction score
I think the stage 2 would be perfect for you my cousin chad has 190/75s and only sees 1450 max egt. and his spool is just like stock so if you wanted to save some coin and still run cool the stage 2 is where it's at. His made 556 on the dyno if I recall! And that's really not a bad street setup IMO

the chad

Reaction score
Im very happy with it, the spoolup is very quick .nice to drive around

strokin6L

Reaction score
Im very happy with it, the spoolup is very quick .nice to drive around

sounds like the stage 2 billet runs good then with your 190/75's. Right now my egt's are higher than i want them with this hybrid. They are hotter than my 64mm non vgt. I know it doesn't take much throttle to hit 1000* with my setup. Is spoolup like stock or quicker than stock with the stage 2?

the chad

Reaction score
I would say its like stock. Its not quicker than stock, but for that much larger of a turbo stock spoolup...im happy with. It doesnt clean up them up completely, but it does a great job. And also mine is the cast wheel to my knowledge. It was built on the back of nate's truck at PHP dyno event. But IMO 556 on 190/75's and 35 psi of fuel pressure...ill take it.

if i can sometime this week ill try to get a video of spoolup. If you have any questions just let me know!

strokin6L

Reaction score
Sounds good Chad. Damn tho...556 with only 35psi of fuel pressure? I'm sure it would've laid down more if fuel pressure stayed up there. Plus i guess the billet wheel give a little more HP they say. If you have a chance to get a vid of your tail pipe on a hard take off i'd appreciate it. Also maybe a vid of some EGT readings while taking off hard, cruising and accelerating from like 40-60ish. Thanks Chad

the chad

Reaction score
as bad as it is...last week my egt decided to take a dump. apparently it runs 114* cruising 60...lol damn good turbo huh?! got something ordered today though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY34jFjg1ds

once i got the tuning updated it helped clean it up.

yeah bill pulled me over and was like man i can run it but its dropping fuel pressure...i asked how much and he said 35 i was like yeah...one run is enough. wish i could have gotten more though.

Last edited:

the chad

Reaction score
erics. I ran viv's looney wild on the way home from the event and she had it dialed on pretty well i think. I still love xstreet on a daily basis though. That run was with the xtremex.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I saw Chad's truck run, hell I strapped it down. With no tuning the Stage 2 was a bit smokey, but the power it made with low fuel pressure and no special tuning was awesome. His turbo is a cast wheel as well. I think the billet Stage 2 would definitely spool a little quicker and make a bit more power and torque.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Send Adrian a PM reguarding an upgrade billet stage 2 from the hybrid. I think the stage 2 is probably were it's gonna be at for my setup. Maybe the mad man a few little special tweaks for it also.

strokin6L

Reaction score
as bad as it is...last week my egt decided to take a dump. apparently it runs 114* cruising 60...lol damn good turbo huh?! got something ordered today though.

yeah bill pulled me over and was like man i can run it but its dropping fuel pressure...i asked how much and he said 35 i was like yeah...one run is enough. wish i could have gotten more though.

once i upgrade to the stage 2 from this hybrid i'll hafta have eric write me a tune like yours then since it helped and since we basicly have the same setups

extreme3807

Reaction score

Chad with a dip in. Go figure...

Snake

Reaction score
Send Adrian a PM reguarding an upgrade billet stage 2 from the hybrid. I think the stage 2 is probably were it's gonna be at for my setup. Maybe the mad man a few little special tweaks for it also.

If I'm not mistaken, the hybrid is a billet wheel. No option for a cast wheel (as though anyone would prefer to have a cast wheel over a billet one).

strokin6L

Reaction score
Yes the hybrid is billet, but I think Adrian said he can do it either way for the stage 2

Last edited:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
The Stage 2 comes with a cast wheel. The billet wheel is an upgrade. The Hybrid however has the billet wheel as standard equipment.

Guys, I'm now working for Adrian as his technical adviser to customers. This will give him more time to build and get these things shipped. If you have any questions on any of the turbo's, please PM me and I'll shoot you my number. Glad to help out anywhere I can.

Latest posts

Members online