My 6.0 build

79jasper

Reaction score
And I know where it goes now.

Hmmm. Probably not the first time you've said that. Lol 😲
Had to.
Pretty good build going on here.

But I disagree with the whole "oh I've spent $x amount in x months" so you can't afford it.
Minus damage from mother nature, because that can happen to any vehicle, but everything else is nearly equal to car.
I can change the oil in my truck for cheaper than my gf's tdi. Fuel filter change is cheaper, and can be done myself (without vcds), can change my trans fluid (without vcds), etc. (Although gets way better mileage) But you can't count upgrades in a cost of ownership.

Proper maintenance plays a huge role, luckily my truck was fairly well taken care of.
Had to swap the transfer case when I got it ($75), year later needed another ZF (long story)(bought a whole running driving parts truck for 850, sold the engine to my brother, then scrapped the rest. So actually I made money on that deal. Had to do a lift pump, fuel return lines (custom, $30 for both) Nothing too serious. Coming up on 210k miles.
Altogether, I'm in about $2500. Including original truck price, flatbed, new tires, u joints, pedal bushings, radio, speakers, brakes, wheel seals, etc.
It sat for a few years.
Just imo though.
Gotta know what your getting yourself into, know what to expect with buying a used vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Edit; but it is the bullitproof, indestructible, man eating 7.3. ;Flipa

OBS F350

Reaction score
LOL for real... I think I spent more than 3 times that in a few months LOL LOL

This is when you make the decision to not drive a powerstroke....

I agree about the wrong vehicle for the situation. To be honest, I dumped way too much money on my truck when I was "living for free" in college. Now that reality has set in I really don't even drive it anymore, and I've kept the spending to a minimum, as I can afford it kinda thing. And yeah the hail was unreal. I'm surprised they didn't total it and are doing all this extensive work. I mean in reality it is just a 170k mile 05 F350...

The first part of my comment wasn't directed towards you. But I would say most all of us younger guys have been in that position before where you stop and think "wow this is a gigantic waste of money to keep around a 3/4 ton diesel truck". Or we buy something right at the limit of what we can afford at that time. All part of the matureing process, I definitely learned my lesson. Luckily I never ran into any huge issues during that time or my truck would have just sat for months.

Anyways sorry for the derail, can't wait to see this thing going again with that 66!

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
The first part of my comment wasn't directed towards you. But I would say most all of us younger guys have been in that position before where you stop and think "wow this is a gigantic waste of money to keep around a 3/4 ton diesel truck". Or we buy something right at the limit of what we can afford at that time. All part of the matureing process, I definitely learned my lesson. Luckily I never ran into any huge issues during that time or my truck would have just sat for months.

Anyways sorry for the derail, can't wait to see this thing going again with that 66!

I feel the pain man! I am a younger guy myself, but I do ok for myself... This is why I daily drive a 92 BMW that gets 30+ mpg and not my truck. No point and it is far from economical. Plus I would rather spend the money I save in fuel on truck mods anyways!

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I feel the pain man! I am a younger guy myself, but I do ok for myself... This is why I daily drive a 92 BMW that gets 30+ mpg and not my truck. No point and it is far from economical. Plus I would rather spend the money I save in fuel on truck mods anyways!

Smart man. I convinced myself that if I just bought another diesel to daily I would leave it alone since I have my 6.0 to play with.. Well I bought a 6.4, long story short I have no money. Ever.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Smart man. I convinced myself that if I just bought another diesel to daily I would leave it alone since I have my 6.0 to play with.. Well I bought a 6.4, long story short I have no money. Ever.

I had a few 7.3's that I used to daily. **** was dumb. They get ****ty fuel mileage too and 7.3s suck. Plus I wanted to mess with them. The bmw is amazing. I get in, it starts, its quiet, and it gets 30mpg. Perfect.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I had a few 7.3's that I used to daily. **** was dumb. They get ****ty fuel mileage too and 7.3s suck. Plus I wanted to mess with them. The bmw is amazing. I get in, it starts, its quiet, and it gets 30mpg. Perfect.

Wish I could say the same about the vw's I used to daily. Start sometimes, headlights work sometimes, fuel gauge worked sometimes, my problems had problems.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Wish I could say the same about the vw's I used to daily. Start sometimes, headlights work sometimes, fuel gauge worked sometimes, my problems had problems.

two letters explain that problem lol V and W...

Quiet, with a warranty, and still being useful is what I'm going for.

Me too. I would love a brand new anything

Josh,

What body shop is working on your truck?

Cavallo auto body. Seems they do quite a bit of high end work. When I dropped my truck off it was a junker compared to the ferraris and porsches and whatnot that I saw there LOL

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Cavallo auto body. Seems they do quite a bit of high end work. When I dropped my truck off it was a junker compared to the ferraris and porsches and whatnot that I saw there LOL

Thought so. I just drove by and saw it sitting outside. Figured they didn't have too many trucks there.

dsberman94

Reaction score
two letters explain that problem lol V and W...

Me too. I would love a brand new anything

If I ever see you in the BMW, now that you've said that Ws or the problem, you'll be driving a BM. I'm not biased to either. I just think it'll be somewhat funny.

And a 2011 ecoboost is quiet, reliable, new enough, and has enough of a warranty for me.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
If I ever see you in the BMW, now that you've said that Ws or the problem, you'll be driving a BM. I'm not biased to either. I just think it'll be somewhat funny.

whatever. My BMW is pretty damn reliable. It's slow but it's still faster than my gf's 2013 corolla!! LOL. I love my little red daily.

PABowhunter

Reaction score
Oh, no way! You've seen more than I have... The pictures I posted were sent to me yesterday. Can't wait to see it finished hopefully soon!

Well it looked about the same as the pictures, but I only got a short glimpse. Hopefully they finish it up soon for you. I would think they do good work judging by all the high end cars in there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.