My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

RSK

Reaction score
Damn that's aggravating. Go through driveline first. looks so much better that way. Probably something the big block was hiding.

Thanks i'm really digging the look too, the rake it had was pretty crazy... I know its in the driveline, the only thing changed was the rear block was pulled out. Pretty sure its the carrier bearing being at the wrong angle. The drive shaft coming out of the t-case is on an angle with a difference of atleast an 1" from each side. Then the bearing is the low spot then the driveshaft to rear axle is flat or close to it. Hope to have it fixed by the weekend so i can beat on my truck vibration free at the drag strip. And see how slow my truck really is.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Yea you literally flipped the pressure point on the carrier. I can't remember and I definitely can't just go look anymore is there anyway to raise the carrier? What have guys like Mike and DZLpower done to theirs?

RSK

Reaction score
Yea you literally flipped the pressure point on the carrier. I can't remember and I definitely can't just go look anymore is there anyway to raise the carrier? What have guys like Mike and DZLpower done to theirs?

there are ways to raise it, I want to find a shop to build me a 1 piece driveshaft and say F U to the carrier bearing....Ain't nobody got time for that. there's actually a slight vibration on the highway too. so maybe the u-joints are a little worn out already? or the drive shaft is really binding up because of the angle its on. either way I need to fix this problem so I can go to the track and give it hell!

RedRice589

Reaction score
there are ways to raise it, I want to find a shop to build me a 1 piece driveshaft and say F U to the carrier bearing....Ain't nobody got time for that. there's actually a slight vibration on the highway too. so maybe the u-joints are a little worn out already? or the drive shaft is really binding up because of the angle its on. either way I need to fix this problem so I can go to the track and give it hell!

My 2wd had u joints gone by 70k...

RSK

Reaction score
My 2wd had u joints gone by 70k...

Could be but when the rear was stock hieght there were no vibrations even over 100mph, probably gonna look further into a 1 piece driveshaft with new spicer u joints. And probably put it back to stock height in a few weeks or maybe order up some icon front coils and a 5" rear block. If i decide to put 37's on it. Otherwise stock height and 35's for now. This whole being lowered thing isn't my cup of tea, i feel like i'm in gmc(gay man chevy)

RedRice589

Reaction score
Could be but when the rear was stock hieght there were no vibrations even over 100mph, probably gonna look further into a 1 piece driveshaft with new spicer u joints. And probably put it back to stock height in a few weeks or maybe order up some icon front coils and a 5" rear block. If i decide to put 37's on it. Otherwise stock height and 35's for now. This whole being lowered thing isn't my cup of tea, i feel like i'm in gmc(gay man chevy)

Just roll with that thought haha homo.

acf6

Reaction score
whats for lunch today? lol

10492020_10152540386864031_4704664585768127721_n.jpg

RSK

Reaction score
whats for lunch today? lol

10492020_10152540386864031_4704664585768127721_n.jpg

Lol i heard the turbo...and caught a glimpse of your truck. Sounds so good...anyways i picked up a lb of pasta primavera and reese's oreo's. best lunch out there! Need my lift kit so u can see my truck over cars...

acf6

Reaction score
nice i love that pasta there, looks good with the trailer. did you hear the turbo or my blown up pipes? because its about 5x louder than yesterday LOL

RSK

Reaction score
nice i love that pasta there, looks good with the trailer. did you hear the turbo or my blown up pipes? because its about 5x louder than yesterday LOL

All turbo whistle........it tows the trailer really well in gear heads race tune. Not sure what my egt's look like but it's almost flat everywhere. We don't have hills in manchester,ct or bolton so should be fine for quite a while. 135.8 more miles and i'll be at 100k miles.

RSK

Reaction score
sweet maybe everyone doesn't think im driving a giant dog whistle then lol

nice, almost broken in :)

Ya we might need to do dual celebratory burnouts. My truck next to yours go pro on...or have josh record it on his phone.

acf6

Reaction score
adam i will gladly volunteer to video tape if you want to come up and take my place for burnouts, ive exceeded my monthly "over 2000 rpms" lolol

RSK

Reaction score
I'll probably end up doing the burnout myself. After i rotate my tires so they are worn evenly....and now that i know how get my truck to spin posi i can make sure they are worn evenly...gotta make sure to hit 4000rpm too.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Lol I know you're jealous....its because you're a ginger and gingers have no souls....pertaining to the gay thing, do the carpet match the drapes being a ginger and all? Lmfao!

Carpet what carpet? If it was there then yes.

adam i will gladly volunteer to video tape if you want to come up and take my place for burnouts, ive exceeded my monthly "over 2000 rpms" lolol

Lol if mine could do 4k rpm's I'd do it on the limiter

I'll probably end up doing the burnout myself. After i rotate my tires so they are worn evenly....and now that i know how get my truck to spin posi i can make sure they are worn evenly...gotta make sure to hit 4000rpm too.

Lol I'll end up rotating mine before I do it too. I'm past my "legal" limit of red light boosted launches. Locker engaged hahaha

RSK

Reaction score
Carpet what carpet? If it was there then yes.

Lol if mine could do 4k rpm's I'd do it on the limiter

Lol I'll end up rotating mine before I do it too. I'm past my "legal" limit of red light boosted launches. Locker engaged hahaha

Lol Tmi! I did a boosted launch at a stop light on the way to a country concert a month ago and the cooler went flying back hit the tailgate and launched a handle of absolute and the red solo cups out of the cooler. Good thing we had extras in the cab...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.