My mini build before the build

NathannialD

Reaction score
Thanks Nathaniel. Appreciate it. Tadd has been very helpful as well.

Got boost leak fixed and hot damn it's a beast. I'm impressed. Once I can keep the boot on connecting y pipe and 90 degree bend pipe I'll shoot some vids

Know problem, I'm really surprised that won't stay seated. The y pipe can't really move much and those boots fit pretty tight.

bricewise

Reaction score
Know problem, I'm really surprised that won't stay seated. The y pipe can't really move much and those boots fit pretty tight.

Was user error. Now I got boot from turbo to cooler blowing off slowly but surely I'll figure it out.

When the boot stays on this thing moves. Sorry don't have any good videos, everything I seemed to record came out like crap, so I give you 25% throttle on mild tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbXX5tav8ok&feature=youtu.be

Pretty sure I'm gonna sell this turbo and billet wheel I haven't put on and buy the 72mm danville from Elite. Incredibly happy with 4094 but still curious.

Randy_270

Reaction score
Was user error. Now I got boot from turbo to cooler blowing off slowly but surely I'll figure it out.

When the boot stays on this thing moves. Sorry don't have any good videos, everything I seemed to record came out like crap, so I give you 25% throttle on mild tune.

Pretty sure I'm gonna sell this turbo and billet wheel I haven't put on and buy the 72mm danville from Elite. Incredibly happy with 4094 but still curious.

If that's 25% throttle, that truck is gonna be an animal!!

Jesse_01

Reaction score

Why are you thinking about selling the 4094? Is the current 67.8mm wheel the billet one you have?

Pm me a price if you decide to sell it.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bricewise

Reaction score
Sorry, think I got to excited when I typed that. I forgot Danville actually just machines the 4094 to get a 72mm in. I might do that for the time being. I'm also waiting for billet precision turbo options when they become available from Elite.

I'm interested in seeing how big I can go to where its still daily drivable. Hoping this will help me decide what I want to use for compounds. I mean I could always go with Caleb's combo but I'm also liking the idea of experimenting for a bit.

bricewise

Reaction score
Right now power really kicks on in 2nd gear and on highway seems a little smokey on smallest tune with you try to accelerate. However I still think I have a small boost leak, worked on it some this weekend but my wife had other plans for me that involved laying flagstone.

With about 50% throttle, I'm seeing about 20-25 PSI of boost and WOT I'm seeing about 35 PSI (which is why I suspect I still have a leak)

I'm completely happy with the way its performing and as we work through tune

Also, does anybody know anybody who does live tuning near Wisconsin Illinois border? If not, I'll just wait until October when we move back to Texas and go to gearhead.

bricewise

Reaction score
Yes but its the first iteration. Also like I said I think there are still some minor issues caused by me and once those are fixed its gonna run. I'm not worried in the least bit right now.

MorganY

Reaction score
Did you get everything running and installed correctly? I'm kind of confused reading through this.

The trick for the up pipe to inlet bolts is a 6" extension with a mid-deep 15 mm wobble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

bricewise

Reaction score
Did you get everything running and installed correctly? I'm kind of confused reading through this.

The trick for the up pipe to inlet bolts is a 6" extension with a mid-deep 15 mm wobble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Yeah sorry I am all over the place. Its running good, there is one troublesome boot that I'm getting replaced.

Have my billet 68mm that I'm contemplating putting in, not sure I want to send my turbo off to Danville and have it down another couple weeks while I wait for it to become a 72mm. So thats a toss up still. Or just try to sell this one and buy the 72mm 4094 from Elite or Danville. Decisions decisions

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Hahaha. Yeah sorry I am all over the place. Its running good, there is one troublesome boot that I'm getting replaced.

Have my billet 68mm that I'm contemplating putting in, not sure I want to send my turbo off to Danville and have it down another couple weeks while I wait for it to become a 72mm. So thats a toss up still. Or just try to sell this one and buy the 72mm 4094 from Elite or Danville. Decisions decisions

Damn rubber falling off can always ruin the fun. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

what boot did you go with? I have some new no limit boots that are the best I have seen as of yet. let me know if I can send you one if you haven't solved the issue yet. one question though, is it the boot or the alignment of the piping ?

Latest posts

Members online