new build input welcomed

btoler4th

Reaction score
My understanding is that it is quite common, I added a bead of silicone gasket maker on mine.

I was told the same today- but on really high mileage motors. I think mine was pushing out near front cover driver side, but it might of been just some other crap.

btoler4th

Reaction score
wasnt resealed? or improperly sealed .

Time will tell after they get into the bottom end. Those boys will get her right. My front cover is a refurbished unit, don't see how that would contribute, never know. Initially thought my CCP was high af, and making things worse. Idk if you remember me talking to Jeff the other day in regards to high pressure and the possible billet ccv /oil fill piece to help remedy that issue. The high CCP was quickly ruled out by engine builder...

btoler4th

Reaction score
Decided to make full use of my truck and level her out-the no rear block set up ran it's course.

Pmf leveling components, and Carli adj track bar.
Fuel Maverick d260 22x10 with Toyo 35-12.50 mts

Attachments

• IMG_8313.jpg
    IMG_8313.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_8314.jpg
    IMG_8314.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 128

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
Decided to make full use of my truck and level her out-the no rear block set up ran it's course.

Pmf leveling components, and Carli adj track bar.
Fuel Maverick d260 22x10 with Toyo 35-12.50 mts
Looks great! I agree on the lowered running it's course. I'll probably lift mine after the first of the year.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

btoler4th

Reaction score
Looks great! I agree on the lowered running it's course. I'll probably lift mine after the first of the year.

Thank you, yea when you get stuck in your back yard twice in a weeks time it's a pretty clear answer. Plus winter is coming up- rather be pulling folks out of a ditch than getting pulled out.

btoler4th

Reaction score
Sorting out my bed plate gasket issue. That $20k + would look a helluva lot better in my savings account! Got to pay to play...

Attachments

• IMG_8340.jpg
    IMG_8340.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG958338.jpg
    IMG958338.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 148

btoler4th

Reaction score
I'm gonna say that he means "that 20k" as in the picture of the motor

Yes sir. I think we all can relate to wishing we could have some, or all of the coin we've dumped into our rigs back!
Especially when they're down, or cab up. That quickly changes though when I'm looking at 50+psi and running with street cars on the hwy. It's all worth it .....I tell myself

btoler4th

Reaction score
Found this gem lodged in my 59. Apparently my Rudy's heavy duty up-pipes were close to sh1tting the bed at the below on passenger side. Opted to have them replaced. Glad it was caught.

Attachments

• IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 160

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yes sir. I think we all can relate to wishing we could have some, or all of the coin we've dumped into our rigs back!
Especially when they're down, or cab up. That quickly changes though when I'm looking at 50+psi and running with street cars on the hwy. It's all worth it .....I tell myself

aint that the truth
Found this gem lodged in my 59. Apparently my Rudy's heavy duty up-pipes were close to sh1tting the bed at the below on passenger side. Opted to have them replaced. Glad it was caught.
holy chit! what is that?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

btoler4th

Reaction score
they actually chunk apart like that?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

The length is what surprised me, same time that actually helped not getting routed all the way down, and easier to remove. My shop replaced both sides with heavier duty bellows. I'll try to get a pic of driver side when the weather clears up.

Next on the list is replacing my mishimoto radiator. We noticed a leak. It's not terrible right now, but those radiators are known to chit the bed as we all know. Love the polished look under the hood, but will more than likely go back with stock. It's about 3yrs old.

With the taller tires/ bigger rims I hit 55# on my street tune yesterday. So an increased load, and better up pipe components contributed I would like to assume. Before I'd maybe hit 49-51 on the floor on street setting. Performance I would hit 55# but it seemed that I would need it loaded just right. Now I'm seeing more efficient boost through the rpm range. Still playing with it to get used to the new suspension set up. Miss the 420s...but truck looks really good leveled right now.

btoler4th

Reaction score
Hit 62 psi otw to work last week merging onto the Autobahn of Eastern North Carolina (795 ). Nothing like the sound of an intercooler boot blowing off at 5am to get your day started. Luckily I had a bag of tools on board ( I had meant to leave on my bucket truck the day before) with my milwaukee impact and supporting sockets. Cruising on zero boost I landed her on the shoulder and knocked it out.

That being said, I have riff raff boots, and will be buying a new set to have as spare so next time I'm not totally up the creek-

I know they'll all come off, but who has the best out there?
The riff raffs are about 3.5 yrs old, and as many times as my cab has been off I'm sure they're they getting tired.

Three days later, I had to change my ebp sensor. Got to love a 6.4

BOSS450

Reaction score
On my race truck I run some commercial ones for over the road trucks. 5 layer and extra long so I can double clamp them. You can also buy it in 3 foot sections.

shmoozer

Reaction score
On my race truck I run some commercial ones for over the road trucks. 5 layer and extra long so I can double clamp them. You can also buy it in 3 foot sections.

Did you order them from somewhere? If so have you got a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmoozer

Reaction score
That would be awesome. Thank ya sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btoler4th

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up on that ! Turns out after I mentioned that to my mechanic at work he said could order whatever I needed. He stays busy changing out turbos, injectors, all sorts of crap on our ragged asss International bucket / line trucks...Caught him this afternoon and he showed me the thicker boots on a truck he's been working on. I will post whatever info I can on them if anyone needs the part #s...etc

Latest posts

Members online