New H&S Tune Updates - Awesome!

Rowdy

Reaction score
The Toyo's, Nitto's, and Procomps are Q speed ratings which is 99MPH. But the speed ratings are determined by heat induced failure with full load on it run for a period of 10 minutes. So E rated 35" tires would have to have 3,200lbs of force on them running 99MPH for 10 minutes before they fail. Empty truck short burst to 130-140Mph good to go. The look on the Dodge and Chevy owners faces when you slow down and they finally catch up PRICELESS! Oh Matt (broncof250444) is running 35's on 20's same as me. :bowfast::fordoval::redspotdance:

Last edited:

broncof250444

Reaction score
I'm running 35/12.50/20's

When I worked at ford I order my 2012 when it got to me and before PDI and inspection at 3.2 miles it was egr, dpf, urea deleted and tuned with h&s it now had almost 50k miles being driven like that from day one. At 500 miles it was at ennis, made 7 passes that night. If turbo shells.... Well it had a good life and wouldn't be the first one that let lose under my trucks lifes, I'm just trying to see what this motor will take that way in my shop I can adjust and fix weak areas.

Idiesel

Reaction score
I just went from the SPE tunes and now updated to .31 h&s tunes. I took it for a few miles down the road and I liked it. Nice and smooth shifts. If SPE tunes had the adjustment where it slowly spools the turbo instead of instantly spiking to 30lbs then dropping back off.

Glad to see they smoothed out the power band! I'm so excited to get home and load it now! When you update the firmware do all your MCC tunes stay the same if you want to adjust them with the update you have to go back in and start over right?

Idiesel

Reaction score
Umm all I did was update to h&s tunes. And when I put sd card back in select install h&s tuning. I never did anything with the custom MCC tunes

Okay cool. I would imagine the current MCC tunes stay the same and of you were wanting the new files you would have to extract and start from scratch I bet.

6.7Stroker

Reaction score
Nope, not right... Black Maxx should be showing .29 and Mini Maxx should show .31 after the update. Some people have had to update the entire SD card in order for the update to work. Give that a try.

motomx131

Reaction score
Go to H&S website look at the update page it will walk you through it. When you go to the updates page scroll to the bottom it says if your having trouble with automatic updates click here. Click on that it will show you

mrplowjr_Ez_v

Reaction score
The new one seems like a pretty good street tune. It just doesn't seem to have what the old one had as far as snap your neck torque.

I've seen 1300+ on the display with .30 I can't get past a 1100 spike with .31 That said I don't really trust the computer to tell me what the torque is. I'll be at the track next week weather permitting and will try both.

I've never downgraded the firmware before. I saved the contents of the card before the update and I assume I can simply copy it to another card and re-"update" the firmware.

Not a complaint at all I think its a very smooth well-mannered tune but I think the old tune will out-perform it. based on my SOTP-o-meter. I also notice the turbo sounds MUCH HAPPIER! taking off from lights. If I had to describe it it feels like dpf-on vs dpf-off tunes.

Idiesel

Reaction score
I can say I love the way it runs doesn't feel as Getty but man it's so smooth and driveable. Runs cooler on egts and max boost I saw was 24 today. Feels nice not having to worry about anything again.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Nope, not right... Black Maxx should be showing .29 and Mini Maxx should show .31 after the update. Some people have had to update the entire SD card in order for the update to work. Give that a try.

Thats what I did. It wouldn't update through the program so I deleted the contents of the card and did a full SD update.

Tunes feel good, a lot smoother which I like.

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
Glad I read this. Mine just lost some factory equipment and got tuned. Only seeing 21-23 psi and was scared the turbo was already on its way out. Expected to see the boost gauge fly over like others I've seen with h&s

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Also if you think about it these trucks under regen go almost 1500 degrees at times so what's a couple more hundred?!?!

This is a bit of a misnomer.

during regen, fuel is injected late so that it is still burning hot.

whereas heat under power is coming from fuel that was injected far earlier and with much more exposure time to the piston. So while it may be only 200 degrees higher at the thermocouple, the difference at the piston crown could be a good deal more than 200

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.