New turbo suggestions

jban126_f350

Reaction score
I just need something cause so far with the 190/100 on a stock turbo it hazes at idle. I hope that's just cause there's not enough air flowing but I could be wrong I hope there not a problem. I haven't really run the truck to much since I installed injector.

swinky

Reaction score
I like the exhaust whistle but I can live with out it. People at the shop I work at make fun of me for it haha there like I didn't know we worked next to a airport haha cutting edge just said like under 1500 for a kit and a barder is what 22-2300? I heard barders are really nice but I just want what's gonna hold up the best and the best bang for my buck
Don't forget you sell your stock turbo...

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I just need something cause so far with the 190/100 on a stock turbo it hazes at idle. I hope that's just cause there's not enough air flowing but I could be wrong I hope there not a problem. I haven't really run the truck to much since I installed injector.

turbo wont change that sorry. thats in the injector

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Matt is right... hazing at idle has nothing to do with the turbo. Unless the turbo is blowing oil out the turbine seal. Have you got custom tunes for the 190/100s yet?

I have heard nothing but great things about Cutting Edge kits. If you do go with a box s366 then I would pay the extra money to get a 360 kit, billet wheel, and balanced.

About the power difference... they will be very similar. I have seen great numbers from both turbo platforms.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Matt is right... hazing at idle has nothing to do with the turbo. Unless the turbo is blowing oil out the turbine seal. Have you got custom tunes for the 190/100s yet?

I have heard nothing but great things about Cutting Edge kits. If you do go with a box s366 then I would pay the extra money to get a 360 kit, billet wheel, and balanced.

About the power difference... they will be very similar. I have seen great numbers from both turbo platforms.

When I was doing my injectors I noticed a little back and forth play in the turbo. But yes I got custom tunes from gearhead for my 190/100s

powerlifter405

Reaction score
I know I don't have the larger injectors and turbo you're looking for but KC/Charlie has been great to work w/. I had a hiccup and he's bent over backwards to get things taken care of.

Bar-none, Charlie has answered my calls, texts and stupid question emails to educate me. On a Friday night or Sunday afternoon I've never had a problem getting in touch.

For more VGT info give Charlie a call, he won't sell you something you don't want.

swinky

Reaction score

A good billet wheel. My billet wheel is garbage. I would really like to try a 7 blade dual plane but they're too expensive. I'd rather just buy a 371.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
You're running 190/100s?

I'd just go with a 67.7 fmw

S467.7? CED said something about 62 or 64 FmW but I'm not expert not gonna lie I'm not exactly sure what the numbers mean. What's the different between s400 and s300. What's better? And yes I have 190/100

Latest posts

Members online