New turbo suggestions

swinky

Reaction score
S467.7? CED said something about 62 or 64 FmW but I'm not expert not gonna lie I'm not exactly sure what the numbers mean. What's the different between s400 and s300. What's better? And yes I have 190/100
S300 is a smaller frame. An s367.7 would work awesome with 190/100s

swinky

Reaction score
What turbo would you recommend?
A 367.7 will work great. You have to realize it's not a little vgt though. If you're planning on going to rudys I'll let you drive mine to see how you like it. It's not laggy but you have to learn how to drive it for sure.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
A 367.7 will work great. You have to realize it's not a little vgt though. If you're planning on going to rudys I'll let you drive mine to see how you like it. It's not laggy but you have to learn how to drive it for sure.

Definitely keep it in mind id like to see someone with the same setup just to see how it works with it.

04cr450

Reaction score
jban.. ill have my setup on soon(by the beginning of march) ill have ced's kit with fmw 364.5 and 175/75's... u can drive it(u only live 25 mins away).. I am going to Rudy's as well in april with the same group of guys on here that went last year, I had a great time.

p.s. the fmw 64.5 is nearly the same as the 66.. from what I read about it, u have great spool up similar to the 362 and it flows as much on top as the 366

Last edited:

jban126_f350

Reaction score
jban.. ill have my setup on soon(by the beginning of march) ill have ced's kit with fmw 364.5 and 175/75's... u can drive it(u only live 25 mins away).. I am going to Rudy's as well in april with the same group of guys on here that went last year, I had a great time.

p.s. the fmw 64.5 is nearly the same as the 66.. from what I read about it, u have great spool up similar to the 362 and it flows as much on top as the 366

Hmmm that's good to know where is Rudy's? I don't know if I will have all my stuff together by April

swinky

Reaction score

Yeah maybe a 364 would be a better choice with his 37s.

swinky

Reaction score
Thank you might have been a beginners question...thank you
Rumor is they flow as much as the next step bigger but spool as good as a step smaller.

For instance I'm expecting my 371 to flow pretty damn well and spool similar to my 66. Obviously it will go one way or the other but you get the point. A 364.5fmw flows roughly what a 66 does but spools significantly quicker...... That's the word on the screet.

jban126_f350

Reaction score
Should I run a Vgt so it will build boost better as a daily? So many option don't know what to do non Vgt price is right vgt=higher Vgt...so I've heard

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Should I run a Vgt so it will build boost better as a daily? So many option don't know what to do non Vgt price is right vgt=higher Vgt...so I've heard

IMO... you should be looking at gears first if you plan to stay on big tires. Especially if you are worried about turbo lag.

VGT turbos will typically spool faster/sooner than a similar sized non-vgt turbo... but they are not miracle workers. Dont expect to throw on a big vgt turbo and have it spool like stock (especially on stock gears with a big lift and tires). The simple science/idea of a vgt turbo is that you can influence the turbine a/r to act like having multiple a/r turbine housings without having to actually change the turbine housing. Kind of like having the spool up of a .70 housing with the flow of a .90 housing. It helps to broaden the turbine map while taking better advantage of the compressor map.

Also... it is too hard to just say "non-vgt turbos are cheaper"... it all depends on what turbos you are going with. For example to get the complete non-vgt kit and an s362 fmw will cost you more than a brand 64mm stage 2 turbo (especially if you add in labor to install). On the other hand a box s366 with a non-vgt kit will be a lot cheaper than a brand new stage 3 turbo. But if you get an s366 with a billet wheel upgrade, 360 thrust, fully balanced and a non-vgt kit, then it will be about the same price as a reman stage 3 turbo. There are just too many options to set anything in stone. One thing is for sure... once you switch to a non-vgt turbo setup... then it makes buying the next turbo cheaper because you already have the non-vgt kit and the next turbo will be "bolt on".

Latest posts