No heat

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Ok so i havent used the heat since last winter and went to use it yesterday and got no warm air. Just cool air. Thought it might have had something to do with the coolant filter so i changed that and still no heat. Any ideas as to where to look? Im going to feel the heater hoses after i drive home today and see if they are warm. According to the scangauge my ECT stays right around 198.

Smokenblack

Reaction score
Do you have automatic temp control? Check and make sure the temp control motor behind the glove box is opening the door for the heater core. You can also try to recalibrate it.

Tonka350

Reaction score
there are a few parts that I have read that cause this...
blend door actuator
blend door switch
temperature actuator

if you look at rockauto.com they have everything to redo the entire heating system for like $250.00 that's where I'm headed so it's all new with no issues.

Chad

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Finally got a chance tonight to go out and look at the truck some more. It looks like their is some valve on the top heater hose that has a vacuum line going to it (not sure what it is called). Well when i push the valve open (assuming im pushing it open) i can see coolant flow in the degas bottle. But it doesn't move on its own. Im thinking this is my problem. Anybody know what this part is called?

Tonka350

Reaction score
Josh, I believe what you're referring to has an inlet and an outlet and is the HEATER CONTROL VALVE....looks like a disc on top with a vacuum hose attached and an inlet and outlet pipe.

Chad

Joshbaker

Reaction score
It did until last night. I tool the flow valve out because i thought it might be broke on the inside. Its still hooked up to the vacuum line just not hooked up to the coolant lines anymore. Im thinking its the temp dial in the cab since the blend door accuator is working and everything else is working just cant change the temp of the air being blown in the cab.

Vengeance

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue, except mine will begin to blow hot air, and then it will go cold after a couple of miles driving. The blend doors are working fine, zip tied the valve on the heater hose open, no hot air. Any suggestions? Heater core plugged up?

Latest posts

Members online